Monday, April 17, 2023

Monday, 4/17/23, Talked to Kenzie, talked to my friend Barb, Bill got his new phone, went to Wes and Gayla's, went to Vikki's, went to Carols, Jacob and Jared stopped in, went to Barb's


Brielle...she had her ultrasound today.  Has a little fluid in the brain causing mild enlargement, but the doctor said it should resolve on its own but might take until she is 2.  So thankful to hear this as this little sweetheart has been through enough.  She's always smiling though.

I met Maddy at Biggby and mentored her.  We had a good discussion and a good time together.  I came home and Kenzie called us on Bill's watch in the morning and was trying to get her follow up ER dr. appt.  They wouldn't see her where she went, so she was a little upset.  I asked her if she wanted us to pray with her and she said yes.  We prayed with her and in the end, God worked everything out for her.  

She and her mom got to spend time together after Vikki got out of work.  Poor Kenzie had a flat tire on top of everything else, so had to spend lots of time finding a place and waiting for that.  Her Poppi went and helped her.

My friend, Barb, called me today.  We had a nice long talk and she is seeing God work through so many people to show how much he loves her.  She is going through Chemo right now, which is so hard for her, but God is giving her strength.  She even was able to go to church Sunday.  The people at her church are really helping her with food, rides, support and so much more.  She lives an hour from me.  I am going to visit her tomorrow and take her bananas which she needs because her potassium is low.  I am looking forward to our visit.

I am having blood drawn at 7 in the morning.  I found out after I talked to Barb, I was squeezed in for a dental appt. tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. for a tooth that has been bothering me lots, but has been fine for the last 3 months.  Now it is acting up again.  My dentist is checking to see if he can pull it tomorrow (he knew it would have to come out eventually) or if I need to be on an antibiotic first.  We are going to Wisconsin on Thursday.  I will go to Barb's after all this is out of the way.  

Bill's phone came today.  We went to Wes and Gayla's to pick up a wheelchair they are giving us.  Bill posted he needed one for his sister to go to appointments.  They called right after he posted it.  They are sure wonderful friends!  We had a nice visit when we picked it up. We went to Vikki's so Bill could get help with his phone from Rody.  I had a nice short visit with Vikki.  Nice seeing the kiddos.  I forgot to take a picture.  Peyton was doing really good on her heelies now.  We went to Verizon and Bill got his phone number changed to what it's always been.  The person knows Rody and sure was a great help setting up his new phone.  We went to get subs at Subway after that.  I needed to eat before 7 because I needed to fast for my blood test.  It was 20 minutes til 7, so I got done just in time.  We took the wheelchair to Carol's next and dropped it off in her garage.  We showed it to her first.  She didn't come out, but just looked out the door way because she was having a day where breathing was harder.  We left for home, and Kimmy called me and wondered if I knew someone who can hem pants.  I know a great seamstress, so told Kimmy I would call her.  She said she could do it and have them done by the time Jacob needs them for the prom.  When I got home Jacob and Jared were there with the pants.  Jared explained what I needed to know to tell Barb, and then they had to leave to go to Kohls to find a shirt and tie.  I forgot to take a picture of Jacob too.   I decided instead of trying to squeeze taking the pants in the morning, I would run them over to her tonight.   She's only a few miles from me.  I talked to Kenzie tonight while I was on my way there and she was super happy.  She has the appointment she needed set up for tomorrow and everything worked out that she needed.  She even got the tire free, when she told them Travis's name and then they said his dad's name.  I told her I had to hang up so that I could take the pants in to Barb.  Barb, Ron and I had a nice short visit and I gave her the details for the length.  She is also leaving room to lengthen them if Jacob gets taller.  She is one of the sweetest friends too.  I called Kenzie back on my way home.  She was pulling into her driveway and I was pulling into my garage at the same time, so we hung up.  

Adam texted me and Claire is going to see Lauren Daigle...I told him I was jealous!  I am really happy for her and thankful she loves concerts like that.  We all love Claire.  



 



 

No comments: