Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Tues., 4/11/23, Bill mowed grass and took big branch off birch tree, I dug by edging in front, Vikki stopped over, Carolyn came and picked up some birch branches,

 

Birch tree with big branch growing sideways cut off.  
Edging on one side is done. Will pick up my piles tomorrow after they dry so I can knock more dirt off before throwing them in the trash

Cute Brielle....she reminds me of her mommy here.  Usually she reminds me of her daddy.

We both slept in this morning.  Bill got at taking the trash out and had me get out anything in the refrigerator that needed to be thrown away.  He started reading his Bible while I made oatmeal for my breakfast.  I also had my coffee.  He didn't want any breakfast.  He started mowing the lawn.  A little early, but I know he wanted to try out his new tractor he got in the late fall.  I tried reading my Bible outside, but it was way to windy which made it cool even though it was 63.  I came in to finish reading.  Kit Kat always come and lays by me when I'm outside.  She loves getting attention.  I went upstairs and  put all of the Easter baskets, grass, bows, packaging and eggs away and then put them in the attic.  I went outside afterward
and worked on weeding the front, and doing some edging where the grass had grown over.  Bill started cutting the big branch off the birch tree while I was digging.  When we were done, he came in and put his clothes in the washer and started the load.  Then he headed for the shower.  Vikki came over to bring me some magnets I am using to hold a garbage bag over an opening in the 5th wheel hitch that I want to keep robins out of.  The last two years, they have made a nest and had babies in there.  They were just ready to fly and leave it a couple of days before we went camping.  This year we are going earlier, so don't want to take chances.   
Vikki left, but turned around and came back because her boss, Carolyn, wanted the birch tree small branches for Christmas trees she is making.  She, Vikki, Bill and I all worked together getting the branches, cutting them, trimming them, and picking up the small left over pieces.  
Carolyn was very happy to have them.  We were happy to give them to her. I was happy to finally meet her.  She was very nice.  

I texted with Ashtyn and she sent me pictures of their new baby.  He is so cute.  Texted with my sister, Brenda, too, plus a few friends from church. Texted with Eli in the evening.  He and Jared were at our house and so was Jack and Melissa.  Bill and I forgot it was fencing night for the boys.  Kimmy had to take Adam to soccer practice so she didn't come.  Bill and I went to Old Town Drive In for coney dogs and root beer, then we went to see "Come Out in the Name of Jesus at the movie theater.  It was very good.  We felt bad about forgetting fencing night, but sure am glad we went and saw the movie.




No comments: