Monday, April 3, 2023

Monday, 4/3/23, Sorted through lots of attic stuff. Bagged up stuff and sent it to goodwill, went to Sam's Club, went to Trinity Riders

 

I was so happy to see Lydia and her mommy today.

Crocus I found today
Really weird because I have never had a crocus by this deck ever.  I had some planted in the front of the house, but critters kept eating them down, so haven't had any in at least 10 years.
I was checking out my plants around the house today and couldn't believe there was one lonesome one.

I put on good worship music, then went through tubs of stuff and packed up bags for Bill to take to Goodwill.   I got ready to go get some groceries.  Bill left to go have coffee with Charlie before Charlie's appt. to get fluid drained off his lungs.  He got back home before I left to go to the store.  He had more errands to run too.  He took the stuff I had for Goodwill and dropped it off.  

I checked at Menard's for a glass replacement to go around one of the upstairs lights.  Checked at Home Depot too.  Didn't find the right one, so will see about ordering on line.  

Went to Sam's Club.  Got the things I needed, then checked out.  I had a really nice and talkative checker.  My phone rang, and I looked and saw it was Michelle.  I couldn't answer right then, so decided I would call her when I got to the car.  I looked up and there she was.  She had seen me in line, and didn't want to have to pack up their stuff and pick the baby up to come talk to me.  She saw I didn't answer, so came over to me.  I was so happy to see them.  We went back to the table were her friend and little 2 yr. old were sitting.  I got an ice tea and joined them.  Her friend had to leave, so Michelle and I had a good visit.  I got to hold sweetie Lydia while we visited.  She's such a good girl.  We talked about CMA and the youth.  She has a heart to work with youth.  She also is a go getter which you need to be to work with youth.  
She just had a chili cookout at their house and raised $500 for Run for the Son.  She went to buy diapers after that, and I headed to Aldi to get a few things I needed there.  I headed home after that.  Bill was down riding the treadmill.  He went 2 miles.  He had already ridden the bike and went 2 miles on that too.  I am so happy he is exercising.  I will be doing mine tomorrow as I got lots of steps walking in all the stores I had to be in and then again walking outside at home.  Eli texted me goodnight, so I texted him back.

It was in the 50's, not windy,  and it was nice and warm with the sun shining.  I could finally walk around and look at the plants coming up around the yard and the buds coming on the trees and bushes.  So enjoyable, especially when I found that crocus.  Hyacinths are blossoming and will be open soon.  I cut down the dead stuff from the Autumn Joys and raked good around them.  Lots of new growth underneath all that stuff.  Got a whole big garbage can full, and pulled to the front for the trash tomorrow.

In the evening we went to Trinity Rider's meeting.  Lew and Cindy from Faith Riders came too and sat with us.  He is the president of Faith Riders and is recovering from a double bypass.  We had fun with them.  



No comments: