Thursday, April 20, 2023

Friday, 4/21/23 Stopped in Lake Geneva,ILL, Ate at Chic Fil A, checked in our hotel, we to Dinner

Bill and I at Chic Fil A
Cool rock formations on our drive in Wisconsin     
 
Jane texted me to see if I was bringing any angels or crosses.  She forgot to bring hers because she changed purses.  I took a picture and sent her what I brought.  She was very happy to see the cross because the housekeeping manager at our hotel wanted one.  Yay, it was my only cross left and I had it with me to give.

Our restaurant, The Red Pines on the Mississippi River.
Some of us waiting outside. We had an hour wait.  Friday. fish night!!!
Girls table…Carrie, Jane.Linda, me, Tracey, and Julaine.
Bill, Ralph, Brian, Brian, Bear and Jim
We girls and Bill played Skyjo.  Bill was scorekeeper.  We have to finish the game tomorrow


Yay, we Jacob’s senior picture book came! Can’t wait to look at it.


There was no continental breakfast at our hotel, so we ate our last pb&j sandwiches and bananas for breakfast.  We left at around 9 for our. In Wisconsin.  We stopped in Lake Geneva, a nice town by the lake and walked in some stores to look around. It was fun.  We didn’t spend anything though because prices were outrageous as Bill would say!  We decided we would wait to eat our lunch as we wanted to try to find a Chic Fil A.  Last time we had to wait about 10 min for our order so they gave us a gift card for a free brownie.  We wanted to use it, plus we love Chic Fil A.
We got by Madison and saw an exit sign with Chic Fil A on it! Yay! We both got delicious chicken strips.

We got to Onalaska and checked in at our hotel.Jane came in right after us, so I gave her the cross.
We all met in the lobby at 5 and went to eat at The Red Pines.  Bill and I had walleye and it was delicious!  We all came back and hung out in the dining area.  Had fun playing Skyjo.  Learned some things we had been doing wrong, so now the game is even more fun and went faster. We talked to Jay and he answered some questions we had since we are new at being state coordinators.  He was very helpful.  
Relaxed for a while and then went to bed.

No comments: