Thursday, April 6, 2023

Thurs. 4/6/23, Did my morning walking, Did some more cleaning, went to Meijer and Jacks, filled thistle feed feeders, Vikki and the twins came over, Colored Easter eggs

Eli, Peyton and Isaac's Easter bags. Kody's is on the far right. Bags with money and a little candy for the rest who chose no basket this year.  
Made up a couple big baskets for everybody to munch on when we celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus!

Peyton and Isaac having an after school snack after they got here
Isaac, Peyton and I coloring Easter eggs
Isaac and Peyton with the finished eggs.  They both ate one when they were finished.  So did Vikki, Papa and I
My great helpers filling eggs for the Easter Egg Hunt


The eggs are all divided into 3 tubs...one for each son in law to hide

Peyton and Gigi in their garbage bag style clothing at their 30 hour famine for youth group.  Just got pictures now.


Brielle at her last swimming lesson.  A little bathing beauty!
 

Walked two miles, then got on the new electric exercise bike and rode a mile.  Nice sunshine, but very windy out today.  It got up to 50, but sure didn't feel like it.  I went outside this morning to mail an Easter card, and I saw a mouse caught in the trap that was in the window to keep Kit Kat out.  I guess Kit Kat will be a little more fearful now that she sees how deadly those traps can be ha ha.  Weird, because they have fake cheese in them, so don't know why a mouse would fall for that.  I did some cleaning and vacuumed the stairs and upstairs hallway.  

I went to Meijer and Jack's.  Got Thistle seed at Jack's.  Went to Meijer and got a few more things needed for Easter.  Done now.  I added something more to the Easter baskets and then covered them and put a pretty bow on each one.  

Bill went into town and picked up a glass lamp shade for our lamps.  He didn't think about needing two so we would have matching ones.  He had to mentor Ross, so he returned it when he went back into town.  I ordered some on line that will arrive tomorrow.  

Vikki came over after she picked the kids up.  I gave them a snack because I knew they would be hungry after school.  Vikki and Issac moved the chair upstairs and put it in the garage.  A lady came and bought it.  Vikki was very happy because when they brought it up, it was a tight squeeze through the door and it got a tiny tear at the bottom.  She told the lady about the tear, but she still wanted to buy it at the same price.  She has cats she said so it doesn't matter.  

When I knew the kids were going to be here, I asked them to help me color egg.  I got food coloring out and made up dye for the eggs.  Peyton and Isaac started coloring Easter Eggs as soon as I had a couple of colors ready.  I sat down and helped them.  They did a great job and were really creative.  

I talked to Melissa today for a while and also Sue.  Sue has her surgery on the 27th for her knee replacement.

Hailey and Peyton came to spend the night so they could hang out and help me fill eggs for our egg hunt on Saturday.  They were sweet helpers and sure did a great job and were so fast.  Easy Breezy with them helping me.  They watched a movie and had popcorn after we were done.  They have so much fun together.  

I'm thinking about Jesus.  So sad that He was betrayed by one of those closest to Him.  Hard things Jesus went through for us.  He sure loved us to do what he did.  It's heartbreaking to think of it, and and also heartbreaking what he went through in our place on Good Friday but thankful he did it for us.  He laid down His life for us, but that wasn't the end.  Sunday's coming!!!!!


No comments: