When Bill was a kid, he and his friend Dale went up the elevator to the top of this. Then a guy turned the power off on them and Bill had to jump across to a ladder in the dark. He was very scared. I am so glad God was with him and kept him safe. God had a purpose for him.
I got up at 7:45 because I didn’t know for sure what time Kimmy was coming. I wanted to read my Bible before she got here. Bill came in and we read our daily devotion. This devotional by Billy Graham is so good. Kimmy called me to let me know she had to go home and do some things, then would be leaving to come. She got here and I was so happy to see her and Arnie. Arnie gave me a nice happy greeting too. I sure miss my family when I am away from them. I got to see Arnie’s new tricks. He can shake now. He lifts his paw nice and high. I also enjoyed watching him drop his ball right away when told.
Kimmy and I sat in the family room and enjoyed our coffee. She liked my new mug. I liked her silver mug. Vikki called and said she wasn’t going to come over because she was coughing so bad. I feel so bad for her and sure do miss seeing her. It was sure nice getting to spend time with Kimmy. I made spaghetti for lunch. Melissa called and she and Hailey were going to come over. I invited them for lunch, but Hailey already had made something.
Kimmy and I went out to the camper and were going to look at the new bench seat covers. She spotted a woodchuck out back by the neighbors trees which is halfway between us and their pond. I called Bill to see how close he was to getting home. He was at the car wash and said he would be here soon. Kimmy and I came inside because we didn’t want us or Arnie to scare the woodchuck away. Bill got here and loaded his gun and went out to see if he could get the woodchuck. We heard a shot, then saw him looking along the neighbors driveway by the field. He said he doesn’t know if he got it. It ran off. I sure hope so. They do lots of damage. One chewed our underground wires by the shed and we had to get them replaced. Kimmy and I walked out to the camper again and I showed her the bench covers. She liked them. We walked and looked at my garden. She loved the mums Jared’s mom gave me. I do too. We went out and sat on the swings on the deck. Melissa and Hailey came over and came out and sat with us. We all had a nice visit. Kimmy had to leave to go get Eli from school. Melissa and Hailey had to leave too.
Bill asked me if I wanted to go to Frankenmuth to see the car show. I said yes, so got ready and we left. We stopped at Panera for a lemonade for him and an ice tea for me. Wes called us to see if we were going to go to the car show. We told him we were on our way. We decided to meet where they were sitting. It took us a few minutes to find a parking place. We parked a ways away on a lawn that the lady was charging people to park at. We walked from one end of town to the middle and then went in the Bavarian Inn to meet up with Gayla. They had gone in to use the bathroom. Wes and Joel came out shortly after we got there. We all walked down quite a ways looking at cars, then turned around. We stopped where Wes and Gayla’s chairs were and Gayla folded one and put the cover on and I did the other. Wes pushed Joel’s wheel chair and they went to their car which was parked quite a ways in the opposite direction of ours. We walked down the road farther and looked at more cars. On our way back when we turned around, we saw Wes pushing Joel at the top of the hill a long ways away and they were almost to their van.
We walked down to the road we came on, and passed it and kept walking to look at more cars, and then turned around and came back and turned down the road to go where we were parked. We got in our Jeep and Bill drove by houses and shared childhood memories with me. I love it when he does that. We saw Jeff Davis and stopped and talked to him in his drive way for a few minutes. Then we headed home and stopped at Taco Bell for taco’s.
We got home and Bill read his Bible and I worked on finally getting caught up with my blogs. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment