![]() |
| We had peanuts, a small burger, small fries & drink combo, but what they called small I call more than large. |
![]() |
| There was a little color starting on our drive home |
I got up at 6:30 since we had to leave to go to Bill’s appt. in Detroit at 7:30. It was a nice day to ride there, and we got there a half hour early. We parked, then walked around inside the hospital for a few minutes and Bill got his free parking validated. We went to his appointment and he got right in. The doctor checked him over and asked him questions. She showed him the X-Ray they had taken in Saginaw recently. It looked good she said. He told her his knee wasn’t painful any more so with all that it was a great meeting and a great report.
We left there and headed home. On our way, we stopped at a 5 Guys Restaurant and had the small burger combo. We ate peanuts until our order came up. Wow their Small is Large to me. We didn’t even make a dent in the French fries. Everything was really good. We brought them home to give to the kids if we see them real soon. They would be good air fried.
Maria, who is over the Elderly ministry, texted me because she tried to find out how Marie was at the hospital and couldn’t get any information because she didn’t have the PIN number. She called Roy and he had an upset stomach. He didn’t have the number either. Marie, whose birthday is today, was going to try to stop to see Marie, whose birthday it is today also to help out. She had to work around her birthday celebrations with friends, but was going to try. It was also Pastor Ken's birthday today. Lots of friends with birthdays on the same day. All very special people.
When I got home, I let Maria know I was going up to see Marie. She decided she would go tomorrow then. I stopped and picked up a small birthday cake with pink writing and pink roses on it., a pretty vase of small but beautiful flowers and a card. Then I headed to the hospital. I was about two blocks from the hospital and there was a car/motorcycle accident. The motorcyclist was lying in the road and his friend who had a motorcycle also was blocking the corner I was at so no one would drive down there. We went around the block and by that time several police cars were there and an ambulance. I prayed for the person while I drove. I got in the door and went to the information desk and she said she didn’t know how I got in. The door was supposed to be locked because there was a lockdown. I didn’t know what for until I got to Marie’s room and looked it up. The nurse wouldn’t tell us anything or I should probably say couldn’t. I saw there was a shooting in Essexville at a Kroger gas station. They brought the victim to the hospital I was in. Later I read the shooting was at the Tim Horton’s next to the gas station. The victim died and the suspect was arrested. They weren’t letting anyone in or out of the hospital except for the emergencies coming by ambulance. Marie’s friend was up there and I met her and we all talked for a while. Then she left when they said we could leave now, but not come back in. Marie and I visited and she doesn’t have any pneumonia now. Praise God. I was so happy to hear that. She is still congested and they are trying to figure out why. They are going to test for allergies. We were talking about how good the Lord is and Marie’s roommate started telling me about her knee surgery going well, then 3 weeks later getting infection in it and how painful it was and that she came back in to have surgery to get the infection out. She also let me know her husband died 6 years ago. I asked her if she knew Jesus as her Lord and Savior and she said yes. Marie pulled back the curtain that was between them and we both started talking about the Lord and all He has done for us. She told us she got baptized when she was older and was in the Episcopal church, but was wanting to find a non denominational church. We talked about our church, then Marie asked her if she wanted prayer. We both prayed for her and also prayed for Marie’s husband Roy. When we got done she said her pain in her leg went away she said. Praise God Again.
I left after that and came home. I talked to Vikki and then Melissa on my way home. Then when I got home, I got ready and then Bill and I headed to the Rescue Mission Dinner at Horizon’s. Wes and Gayla got a table for all of us and we sat together. There was Ron, Barb, Elaine, Don, Wes, Gayla and Bill and I. We listened and watched some videos on the history of the Rescue Mission, saw what they are doing today, and the plans they have to do more. It was amazing. Each table was excused by the waitresses to go get their dinner at the buffet. We ate and then they told us to finish eating while the program started. The food was delicious and so was the dessert. The speaker was the Spirit Hockey Team’s president. He did a good job sharing about how God has used the Rescue Mission and how it’s important for us to give to help. We love giving to the Rescue Mission. Lives are changed through what they do. We left and came home, read our Bibles, did our devotions and then I worked on my blog.


No comments:
Post a Comment