Thursday, September 3, 2026

Wed. 9/2/26, Did the last minute packing, helped Bill get the camper closed up and load the motorcycle on the trailer. Bill and I both loaded stuff in my car,

A storm had gone through and knocked a big tree down in Unionville, but on the road to Sebewaing, blue skies were ahead.  I looked to the When I looked to the south though, the sky was dark with the storm that we just missed being in.  Thank You Lord!


Bill and I relaxing in the camper after we had played our games

We packed the last minutes stuff after we were done using everything.  I went out and helped Bill get the camper closed up and then helped with loading the motorcycle on the trailer.  Then I drove my car back by the camper and Bill brought everything to the door and put it in.  Then we both put our stuff away.  

While he was taking his shower, I went to the Dollar Tree and got an anniversary card for Bob and Jan’s 60th wedding anniversary party.  I looked a couple of nights ago and it said Sept. 3 was the date.  We thought that was weird because it wasn’t on a weekend.  Bill copied down the address of where it is at.  Everything disappeared from my phone, even the screenshot I had taken of it.  I tried looking on Facebook for events but nothing was there.  
We knew the time and had the address, so we headed there so we could get there early since it was a surprise party.  We got there and no one was there.  I tried calling their daughter Paula but no answer.  I texted her.  She got back with me later, but I had already found the invitation on Facebook Messenger Events.  It is actually on Sept. 20 at the same place.  

We had planned on eating there and then heading right up north, so we stopped at the Railside Restaurant and had breakfast.  Then we went home and left for BayShore.  It was really dark and looking like rain in the direction we were going to go. I prayed after we started out on our road and asked God to keep the rain away, especially the bad storms.  We drove and just as it looked like we were going to get into it, we turned and then we were on the edge of it for a while with just a few sprinkles, then we were in all clear beautiful weather.  We could see where the thunderstorm had hit in Unionville about 5 miles from Sebewaing, but we only had blue skies and sunshine.  We got there and unloaded the motorcycle and parked the trailer and talked to our friends, Doug and Sue.  The storm had just went through and knocked the power out in Sebewaing.  They said it poured hard.  It was nice the rest of the night.  We set up and that went really fast.  We are on a cement slab and have full hookup.  We ate cabbage buns, then walked down and visited with Dave and Chrissy, our prayer leaders in Michigan.  Then we walked around the campground.  

We came back and had brownies, then played 3-13 and Bill won by 4 points, and we played dice and he really beat me bad and won by about 4,000 points.  It took me a while to get the 350 to get in the game and he got it right away and got in.  We had fun though.

I worked on my blog and he played games on his phone.  Then I talked to Melissa and Hailey and Hailey got the job at Mid Michigan that she wanted.  There was only one opening and she got it.  She starts in one week.   They will pay for 30% of her college tuition.  God is awesome!  That was happy news to go to bed with.

 

 

No comments: