Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Wed., 9/30/26, Our Whirley Popcorn Popper came, new puppy pictures with eyes open, fed birds, made round steak with cream of chicken soup in crockpot, reading up and checking on candidates I want to vote for, pulled weeds in my flower garden, picked the last of the garden, Bill took Max to his appt. and to Culvers,



Pancake - boy
Donut - boy
Muffin - girl
Biscuit - boy
Waffle - girl
Toast - girl
Bagel - boy

I made our coffees, then we read our Bibles.  I went outside and fed the birds because their feeders were pretty low.  Bill had to go to the VA.  I browned some round steak and put it in the crockpot with some cream of chicken soup for dinner tonight.  I read up on some of the candidates running I don’t know anything about like some running for Michigan Supreme Court Justices and read about all of them.  Two of them don’t even have their license to practice law which is required to be a Supreme Court justice.  That took some time, but I am sure glad I did it.  I like to follow Biblical standards when I vote.  

I went out and picked the last of the garden.  I got one cucumber and two peppers.  The deer ate my beets once Bill took the electric fence off.  I thought once everything was grown they wouldn’t do that.  I was wrong.  I pulled some weeds in my flower garden.  The ground was pretty hard, so I will do more once we get the rain they say is coming.  

Bill took Max to Culver's and to his appointment.  I talked to them on the phone while they were heading to Culver’s.  I made mashed potatoes to go with the round steak.  I warmed some corn from the garden also.  

We ate dinner at 7, which is late for us.  It worked out good though because we were both hungry by then.  It is one of my favorite meals and tasted so good.   I packed some food up to take to Roy and Marie tomorrow.  

I talked to Kimmy, Melissa and Vikki today.  We all like looking at the pictures of the puppies.  Today’s pictures with their eyes open were adorable.  Can’t wait to see more.

We tried our Whirley popcorn popper.  It came with a pack which included oil, seasoning and popcorn, which instructions said to cut across the top and add all three together.  It didn’t take long to pop and every kernel popped.  It was the best popcorn and so easy.  

I worked on my blog some, then Melissa called me to say Jack was out riding his bike after dark which he enjoys doing, and he saw a bat and then felt something hit his back and felt a poke that was painful.  Melissa was going to take him to the ER and wanted someone to go with her.  I was happy to go along.  It took an hour for Jack to get a room, then we were there for another 1 1/2 hours.   The doctor said the bat’s teeth are tiny and couldn’t bite through a sweatshirt.  She left the decision up to Melissa whether to give Jack the Rabies Shot or not.  Melissa decided to be safe rather than sorry.  We left after he was brave and got the shot.  Bruce was on in New Orleans and was flying home.  He had lots of problems with cancelled flights, then was just going to wait til tomorrow because it was getting late.  The girl at the airport told him he shouldn’t wait because there was a big storm coming tomorrow and he wouldn’t want to be there.  He finally got a flight out and made it to Flint.  There they lost his luggage.  Talk about traveling problems.  He got home about a minute  before us and had just turned the vehicle lights off.  He was still out in the driveway.  I dropped Jack and Melissa off and talked to Bruce for a minute, then headed home.  I got home around 1:15.  I was sure glad to get to bed.  






No comments: