Saturday, September 19, 2026

Sat. 9/19/26, West Branch RFS breakfast, 10 a.m. ride around from St. Helen to Houghton Lake, buffet pizza lunch and salad bar at Puccini’s, visited in camper with Russ, Marsha and Barry, potluck at 6:00,

Prayer before Ride
Bike and Off Road lineup
At Bucinni's
Potluck in the evening

I read my Bible after I got ready.  West Branch put on a breakfast to raise money for RFS.  We all went to eat, then lined the bikes and Off Road vehicles up.  We prayed before leaving.  Then we left for our ride.  Rob did a great job leading us.  Doug was next, then us, and then Rod and Beth.  There weren’t as many up here this year, because of the weather forecast and also some parent’s kids had sports events they had to be at.  It was 49 degrees this morning.  It got up to about 53 when we took off.  We were all dressed in layers to keep warm.  We stopped in Mio at a gas station, but no one needed to use the restroom and no one got snacks.  It was a sooner stop than yesterday.  The sun came out while we were stopped, and stayed out while we rode for about another 20 minutes.  When we got to Roscommon, we turned the corner in town, and there were lots of people sitting along the road.  They were waiting for the parade to start.  Some of the people were waving to us, so we waved back.  Glad we made it through before the parade started.  When we got close to Higgins Lake, it started misting out.  It wasn’t much at all, so we kept riding and didn’t stop to put our rain gear on.  It stopped about 15 minutes later.  None of us were wet so that was good.  We arrived a half hour early at Buccini’s, but they let us go to the back room and brought out water and whatever anyone want to drink with their pizza.  At one, we all got the salad bar, then they brought in lots of different kinds of pizza.  Of course Bill ordered his special no cheese pizza.  We sat across from Jerry and Sandy, and had a nice visit.  Rob and Barry were at our table too, so we talked with them also.  Barry just drove up for today and brought his Off Road vehicle up so he could ride with that group.  We all enjoyed great pizza and fellowship.  Then we took off again to go to back to the campground.  It warmed up to 65 degrees and felt nice out.  I went in the camper and heated up my chili and put it in the crockpot and turned it on low.  Bill wanted to load the motorcycle, so we packed stuff away in the camper that needed moving, put the slide outs in, Bill disconnected the water and the electricity.  I helped guide Bill onto the hitch.  Then he drove the bike up on the trailer and we secured it.  Then we put the slide outs back out, and he plugged things back in.  I put things back in the camper that I had to secure.  I packed everything in my basket carrier Vikki got me.  Then Marsha, Russ and Barry came and talked to us outside and we invited them into our camper because it was misting out.  Julie came and told us that the Pavilion was open for us to use while we ate so that was good.  It quit raining, so we cleaned thing up, then took stuff back to our campers and then sat around the campfire until around 9:30.  Melissa called me and told me how far she had gotten with taking off the wallpaper in her kitchen and dining room.  She only has to do over the refrigerator.  She FaceTimed me to show me.  She did an amazing job. I’m so proud of her and so thankful God gave her good health so she is able to do that.  I’m very happy. 
 
Evan sent the sweetest text to me thanking Papa and I for his prayer month gift.  It is a watch he can wear that he isn’t allergic to.  He also added that he was thankful that we prayed for him. 

Bill and I played 3-13.  I had over 100 and my goal of the game was to get him out of being negative.  I didn’t make it, but he only hat -5 at least.  It was -60.  We played his new dice game and I won 2 out of 3.  Then we played dice and we tied.  



 



 

No comments: