Friday, May 4, 2018

5/4/18...Picked Melissa up so she could spend the day with me. Vikki brought Peyton and Isaac over and I watched them while Vikki went to her luncheon with her coworkers. Strong winds today. We looked out and a big tree had blown over in our yard and some big limbs. I took Melissa to see the eagles

Isaac playing with my new legos I got from the garage sales

Silly Peyton.  She found these suction cup pieces in the legos and stuck them to her head


Tree that fell dow

Some of the branches that came down

Eagle in the next 

Hailey, Evan, Jack and Max in my back seat on the way home.  Jack didn't want to sit in the middle.

Got the Easter Baskets ready for Sunday when we celebrate Easter as a family.  Everyone was sick on Easter.
I went to pick Melissa up at 9:30.  She came to spend the day.  We drove by the eagles nest and then in the cemetery back where the nest is.  Melissa took a pretty good picture for me.  We got to my house and it wasn't long before Vikki came to drop the kiddos off.  We were in the family room and moved to the living room and then noticed it had fallen.  We had warmed up roast, carrots and potatoes for lunch.  Melissa said she loved it.  That made me pretty happy.  She loved my brownies too.  The kids were excited to play with the legos I got at the garage sales.  On the way to take Melissa home, I went into the Dollar Store and got some sympathy cards and Confirmation cards for Melissa and I.  She stayed in the car with Peyton and Isaac.  As we drove close to where she lives, I said it didn't look as windy there so she wouldn't have any damage.  Well, we went in her house and I walked in the family room and right by the sliding glass door I could see her 3 seat swing had blown over.  Then I went to her dining room and her trampoline was upside down and had blown from the far corner of the lawn up next to the house.  YIKES.  Guess I was wrong.  I dropped Peyton and Isaac off at their house and went to pick up Hailey, Max, Jack and Evan.  Took them home and then came home and we went to Linwood Corners with Charlie and Sue for Fish Dinner specials.  I had whitefish, Bill had perch and Charlie had Whitefish and Cod. He let me try some of his Cod, but I liked the whitefish the best.  Sue got chicken strips.  We came back to our house and played three games of Euchre.  Sue and I won two of them.

No comments: