Saturday, November 10, 2018

11/10/18...Went to Birch Run to the Bazaar where Vikki was selling her bracelets, Went to the Marine Corp League Ball, Bill was named Marine of the Year

Misty and Vikki and their beautiful display at the Bazaar
Friends at our table...Dennis, James, Debbie, Tom, Cassie and her husband, Bob and Joyce.  Bill and Jim in the background
John Van Tol welcoming everyone
Debbie and Tom
Cassie and her husband, Tom, Debbie, Bill, me and James
Bill being named Marine of the Year
Bill after he was named Marine of the year.  He got that beautiful medallion he is wearing and a beautiful plaque 

Bill getting ready to do cake cutting ceremony for the Marine Corp 243rd Birthday

Bill Cutting the cake 
My Handsome Marine Hero
Bill doing a reading he was asked to do

Me and Bill
Tom, Debbie, Bill and I

Me and Bill
Bill and Debbie

I went to the Birch Run High School where Vikki, Misty and her Mom had a booth. I picked up a Starbuck coffee for Vikki she had phoned in and paid for.  They called her name as soon as I walked in the door, handed it to me and off I went.  So fast.  Got to the school land Vikki came out the door to meet me.  We walked around the whole thing.  It was huge.  Vikki and Misty's display was the most beautiful.  We saw many beautiful things.  So many talented people.  So happy Vikki could have time to walk around with me.  So much fun.  Came home and ate and then got ready for the Marine Corp Ball.  We picked up James at 4:30.  He wasn't up yet, so one of the nurses aids got him up and she and Bill picked out a nice suit and tie for him to wear.  The aid got him ready and we left for the Ball.  James was a marine and came home and had a stroke.  He is so young to have had that happen.  We are praying for a miracle for him.  We got to the American Legion Hall in Bay City, and it was decorated beautifully.  Debbie and Tom were already there and were waiting for us.  We sat down at our table and they came and told Bill and I we had to sit at the head table with another couple.  I didn't know them.  I was kind of sad that we had to move away from everyone we had invited and didn't really want to sit looking out at everybody, but was happy to see Bill honored.  We ate and the food was amazing.  The couple next to us was really nice.  Debbie was so sweet to James, and went and got his plate of food and then cut his meat for him.  This is the first time she met him.  We were going to help him, but couldn't when they put us at the other table.  Everyone there was so kind to James and made him feel so happy.  It was very touching.  After we ate, John started the program.  Bill was so surprised and happy when they were naming the Marine of the Year for the Saginaw Detachment and they called him up for it.  They gave him a beautiful medallion and plaque.  They had told me they were going to pick him for it at our summer picnic, but I kept it a good secret.  He serves and is a blessing to so many that he really does deserve this honor.  I am very proud of him.  We moved and sat with Ralph and Julie for a while, danced and then left for home. 

1 comment:

Vikki's Blog said...

Thanks for coming to the craft show. Sure am proud of my dad!!!