Friday, April 16, 2021

Friday, 4/16/21, Cleaned the house, steam washed the kitchen, utility and hallway floors, Bill injured himself outside, Had electrical outlet put in on Gazebo

                                                                                      

Bill's poor ear.  The lower bandaid is covering where the stick went through, the higher on is another cut from something
Me snapping a picture of the back of his ear for him to see...the picture in the mirror is clearer than the ear I was aiming the camera at

Piece of wood that pierced Bill's ear
We took the bandaids off and cleaned it....still bleeding so put another bandaid on
 

Comparison to chapstick tube

New switch/plugs/charger ports 





Bill went with Charlie to have coffee.  I decided I would clean the house while he was gone.  I got the vacuuming done and then was ready to steam the tile floors.  Meantime, Bill got home and was helping a friend, Gene, who is an electrician who goes to our church.  Just as I was about to start steam cleaning the kitchen floor, Bill came in the door.  A bunch of black stuff was all over the floor where he came in.  I asked him if he could at least take his shoes off because I was cleaning the floors.  He said he was hurt, so I went to help him.  He was unwinding wire cable and walking backward on the deck when he came to where the step up is and backed into it and fell backward, hitting his head on the post by the steps and proceeding to fall off the deck into the mulch below.  He had a piece of wood from the mulch that pierced his ear and was a little through the back side too.  He wanted me to pull it out for him.  I washed my hands, prayed for God to guide my hands, and also that he wouldn't get infection.  I got cottonballs out to clean it off, wiped it down with alcohol, put antibiotic ointment on it, and put two bandaids on.  It was bleeding pretty bad.    I told him he should get it checked out, but he wouldn't.   The black stuff was mulch from where he fell.  It was all over his shirt.   He took me outside and showed me where he fell.  I brushed him off so the rest of the mulch would be outside not inside.  He worked a couple more hours outside.  I dug around the brick pillars outside, so I can put bark around my plants and it will be easier for Bill to mow around.  I dug out more around my hydrangea too.  We read our Bibles out on the deck.  We had spaghetti for dinner, then I changed the bandaids for Bill.  He wanted to leave the bandaids off, but it was still bleeding so I put a bandaid on again.  Vikki called and asked if I wanted to meet them at the rail trail and watch the kids on their hover boards.  I went and Vikki and I got a nice fast walk in while the kids did great on their new hover boards.  Nice they each have one now, so we don't have to time them and hear them ask all the time if it's their turn lol.  Came home and watched a movie with Bill.  Talked to all the girls today and texted with Jacob and Adam.  





No comments: