Friday, April 9, 2021

Friday, 4/9/21, Kimmy and the boys came over, Vikki, Peyton and Isaac came over

Adam
Jacob and Wyatt
Eli
Jacob and Papa hooking up the tractor to the big pole buried in the woods

                                                       Success, the pole is out
Love daffodils in full bloom
The Woodpecker has been really busy

Adam texted me that they didn't have school.  I asked him why and he told me there was no power there.  He wanted to come over he said.  Kimmy had some pottery to work on, but I was sure hoping they would be able to come after that.  Ate breakfast inside this morning.  Bill went with Charlie for coffee.  When it warmed up outside, I made an iced coffee and drank it outside.  Walked around and looked at my plants after the nice rain yesterday.   When I got to the little woods on the side of the house, I started digging up some weeds and pulling them out by the roots.  I sure was tired when I got the little section done.  I had done a couple places last year, and now did right between them.  It's starting to look much better.  My flowers in the woods are starting to grow, and some are blooming too.  I went to the shed to see what Bill was doing, and he needed my help to put blocks of wood under the mower that goes to the tractor.  I asked him if he wanted me to call Kimmy and see if she could bring the boys because it was pretty heavy and I thought that would not be good for his shoulder.  He told me he would have it done by the time they got there.  I told him I wouldn't call then and walked around the corner toward the house and there was Adam.  I hadn't got his message because I was working on those weeds.  Perfect timing.  He and Jacob helped Papa get that mower on.  I sure was thankful.  Kimmy, the boys and I sat on the deck for a while.  Then Bill and the boys played a game of 3-13.  Eli didn't want to play.  Jacob won.  Bill took the boys and picked up McDonald's.  I made Kimmy and iced coffee. She and I had grilled cheese sandwiches on the deck.  Then we walked in the woods, and she saw a big pole half buried with a metal thing sticking out.  She tried to move it with a shovel, but it wouldn't budge.  We played a game of 3-13.  Kimmy was the winner.  When the guys got back, Bill took the tractor over by the pole, and Jacob dug on both sides until they could put a tow rope around it.  Bill got it out with the tractor.  Yay!  I am glad to have that out.  Kimmy always gets us motivated to do stuff and provides strong boys to help.  Vikki and the kids came over after she was done working.  They are talking about shutting her school down for 2 weeks because there were so many kids needing to be quarantined because of Covid.  We hung out and visited.  So nice spending time together.  It started pouring when Vikki and the kids left. It stopped five minutes later when Kimmy and the boys left.  

 

No comments: