Friday, April 23, 2021

Friday, 4/23/21, Went to Freeland garage sales with Kimmy, Vikki, Peyton and Isaac

 

While we shopped at garage sales, Bill built this to go under Vikki's shed so it is level

Got a Dyson Vacuum Free at the garage sales.  They said they didn't know what was wrong with it but it could be something small.  I had just heard that if you see a Dyson by the road, get it because it's usually just a clogged hose.  That was last week, now I am cleaning one up.  Sure hope it works when I am done.  The above is the before picture of the filter and below is the after picture.

Isaac demonstrating how easy this is
 Peyton

Bill and I ate oatmeal, prayed and read our Bibles.  Kimmy got here around 8:15.  She brought a bowl of egg salad for sandwiches when we go to garage sales and then stop for lunch.  YUM!  I had talked to Vikki and she said we were all making our own lunch, so I thought I wasn't going to get the egg salad sandwiches Kimmy and I planned on.  Such a nice yummy surprise.  We went to the sales over by the school first instead of where we usually go.  Vikki and I found some stuff, but Kimmy walked for a long time with an empty cart.  Finally when we were almost done with that huge area of sales (I got 19,000 steps today to give you an idea of how far we walked), Kimmy saw a Smart Pot and asked me how I liked mine.  I told her how much I liked mine, but she still hesitated and ended up not getting it.  It was $20, but it looked well used and didn't have the books with it.  We went to another house and they had one for $30 that had never been used and had the books with it.  It was $30.  She talked them down to $25 and she got that one.  I think she is going to love it!  We sure love our carts Vikki got for us to pull around and put stuff in.  They pull so easy that you just need one finger.  Peyton and Isaac didn't complain once about all the walking we did.  They were such good shoppers and asked for a lower price for what they bought.  I found some stuff for Melissa's kiddos so picked a few things up.  I also got a battery charger, a couple of tops, a pair of jeans and a pair of leggings.  It was just fun to hang out together!  We went to a port-a-john by the schools when we finished that area.  The first one didn't have toilet paper, so we went up to the other end of the field and it had paper.  Lucky Kimmy.  We sat and ate our yummy lunch in the school parking lot.  Vikki and I noticed a person use the first port-a-john and we both thought it was our friend Catherine from church.  She drove by us and it was her, so they stopped to talk for a minute.  We stopped where Vikki's car was parked and unloaded our stuff as the van was getting pretty full.  We went to the subdivision we usually do first, next.  There weren't as many garage sales and there weren't very many shoppers.  We were able to drive and get through the roads easily.  Kimmy did a great job.  We were all tired by the time we were done.  We thought wearing the masks had something to do with being more tired.  We all came back to my house and had a muffin and coffee and relaxed for a few minutes before Kimmy had to leave.  Vikki face timed me, then Kenzie face timed me to show me all the trees she and Travis planted.  Melissa called me and I face timed her to show her the stuff I picked up for the kids.  The rest of the evening, I worked on cleaning the vacuum cleaner up, washing all the clothes I had bought, and reading my devotion.  Adam texted me a couple of times.  

No comments: