Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Wed., 4/28/21, Peyton and Isaac came over, Marie and Roy came over, Planted plants and flowers, went to discipleship/class

 Didn't take any pictures today.  Got my good morning text from Adam that I always look forward to.  Went to get some groceries at 8 so I could be out of there before it got busy.  Vikki brought Peyton and Isaac.  Made her a coffee.  She left and Peyton had reading with her teacher on line.  Peyton's teacher said she did great in her comprehension.  They took a 15 minute break after reading.  Then when it was time for spelling, Isaac had the papers, pencils and erasers out and both of them were sitting at the table ready.  I haven't had to ring the bell all week because they are at the table before me.  They only missed a few words, so they wrote them five times.  I had told them I was really tired for some reason today. (Probably because I got up early to go shopping)  Peyton came in the living room and said they gave each other the words they missed and they knew them.  She said they did it so I could take a nap if I wanted to.  We relaxed for a half hour, but I just closed my eyes and didn't sleep.  They sure are sweet kiddos.  We read after that.  They used their hover boards while they were here. Vikki came to get them and they had to leave right away.  I told her Bill had fixed the Rueger Shop Vacuum she found on the side of the road, and warned her that he wanted to keep it.  She took time to go out and see it.  He traded her a small shop vac for it, because all she needs it for is cleaning her car.  She left, and then Bill and I ate nachos.  He had sprayed grass seed on the bare spots in the yard, and had all this green stuff on his jeans, shoes and socks.  He wanted me to wash them right away so it didn't stain.  All was well and they came out clean.  I talked to Kenzie a couple of times.  I went and picked up bird seed, thistle seed, meal worms, and suet at the Elevator Store.  I walked through and looked at everything, but didn't get anything else.  All of my bird supplies ran out at the same time.  My birds will be very happy now.  Marie called me when I was pulling in the driveway and she and Roy wanted to stop over and bring some plants/flowers they had dug up for me.  They came and we sat on the deck under the Gazebo for an hour and drank ice tea and coffee.  We had a nice visit, then Bill and I had to leave for our discipleship meetings.  Charlie and Sue texted that they left homemade oatmeal raisin cookies on our porch.  YUM!  Bill went home, but I stayed at church for the "Asking the Hard Questions" class.  It was really good.  I was a little worried that the cookies would be gone when I got home.  Bill loves that kind!!!  There were still some left when I got home.  I called Sue to thank her and talked to her for a while.  Melissa called and we talked for a while too.  Then I thought about it raining tomorrow, so we hung up and I went out and planted all but a few of the plants Marie brought.  It got dark, so I had to quit.  Talked to Vikki for a while.  Got my goodnight text from Adam that I also look forward to.  

No comments: