Friday, July 23, 2021

Fri., 7/23/21, Went to feed and check on animals. One sheep died. I was sad all day! Saw Melissa, Bruce and the boys, Vikki, the twins and Jaislyn came swimming, Hailey came over,

 

Made Hamburger/Cabbage Buns...It's our tradition for camping at BayShore
Made a blueberry pie with the blueberries we picked.  Peyton asked if she should take it home, but I told her it was for our camping trip, so she would have to wait to eat it
This picture came up in my memories today...Hailey and her friends with Danny Gokey at Rock the Island.  He was so nice to them!
Peyton and Jaislyn swimming...Jaislyn is visiting from Arizona
Jack, Hailey, Evan above and Max and Abby below.  All of Melissa and Bruce's kiddos got home from camp today.  The boys came home from Camp Timbers and Hailey came home from being a camp counselor at Bay Shore.  They all had a great time and were excited to tell about it
                                 Hailey sent me these pictures from last weeks camp.  
Hailey on right leading the kids in the songs


The whole group that was there, except those still in the tabernacle
Hailey in back row on left, and her group of girls
Hailey leading the kids in worship




I went to Kimmy and Jared's to check on the sheep and feed the animals.  When I went to feed the birds, I noticed a sheep right up next to the fence in the field closest to the house.  I told the sheep I would pet it when I was done feeding the orioles.  I filled all the grape jelly containers and put new oriole food I made at home in the feeders, so it would be fresh for them this coming week while they are still in Copper Harbor.  I looked at the sheep and it was laying down, so I walked over to it and started to pet it and said come on, get up.  It didn't move, so I remembered Kimmy said they will follow you if you have grain.  I got some grain, then undid the gate and went into the field.  I put my hand on it and it was still warm, but felt like it was getting stiff.  I could see it wasn't breathing.  I was so sad.  I talked to Vikki and she offered to come, but I told her there was nothing she could do.  I went to their friend, John's, house, but no one answered the door.  I pulled in by the other drive and talked to some guy that was working on tearing down silos.  The guy said John had gone up to Gaylord for a couple of days.  He told me his wife was home.  I thought they had grown sons, so thought I would ask her if they could help.  She didn't answer the door.  I talked to Vikki again, and she said Kenzie and Travis would go bury it on Monday.  Then I talked to Bill and he said I should come home.  I felt sad and was in tears off and on all day.  I messaged their friend Marcia and she said she would call people to try and get a hold of them.  I messaged Lela too, because I know she goes to do her blog and hoped she would see my message.  I let my friend Renee know, so she could tell her daughter whose son is going to be taking care of the sheep.  I wanted them to know what happened and be prepared for what they would see.  They were both sad too.  I made 1 1/2 dozen Cabbage Buns.  I also baked a blueberry pie to take camping.  On a happier note, Max, Jack, and Evan got home. They were all excited and Melissa said they all talked about camp and what they did non stop on the drive home.  They were really excited when they told me about some of their favorite things too.  Max enjoyed it much more after a kid who was swearing lots and acting bad was sent home.  Hailey got home and had a great time too.  I got my new Bible today.  It's a NIV Large Print Life Application Bible.  They sent two, so I had to return one.  I picked it up when I stopped at Melissa's and she helped me put the label on.  I took it to UPS after I visited with the kids for a while.  I came home and Vikki and the kids were here swimming.  Jaislyn loved the pool and loved our bathroom.  She asked if we were rich ha ha.  I told her if we were rich, our pool would be heated lol.  Her mom and Vikki have been friends for a long time. Peyton was sure happy to have her spend the night.  Hailey stopped over right after they left.  She brought her clothes to pack in our camper.  She is following us to BayShore in the morning.  God sure used family to cheer me up.

No comments: