Friday, July 16, 2021

Friday, 7/16/21, Kimmy and family left for Copper Harbor, Filled all the bird feeders, set traps to catch chipmunks and a woodchuck, went on 10 1/2 mile bike ride, celebrated Jack's birthday

Adam sent these two pictures at 6:20 a.m. when they crossed the Mackinaw Bridge

Eli, Adam and Jacob at one of my favorite places.  I love their cinnamon rolls!  So huge you can't eat the whole thing by yourself in one day
Eli and Jacob....Jacob is enjoying his cinnamon roll.  Eli didn't want one
Cinnamon roll Charlie gave me yesterday.  Bill and I split it.  I had mine while the Russells were at the Hilltop.  It didn't come close to being as delicious as the Hilltop's cinnamon rolls.  I didn't even eat my whole half.  It was fun pretending I was eating with them at the Hilltop though lol.

Adam and Jared enjoying their cinnamon roll

\
Pictures Kimmy sent me...Adam, Eli and Jacob  at Stone boat in Kearsarge
Peyton and Isaac riding the rail trail. 

 Hailey just got home from Worship Arts Camp at BayShore
Max listening to Papa's two funny jokes...one was ...I will be standing outside, so if anyone asks, I'm outstanding lol


Jack with his cake

Jack blowing out his chocolate candles

 Bruce, Jack and Melissa

Abby was a traitor...she sat under Bill's chair the whole time pretty much and only came when he called her
Jack with his Lego set Melissa, Bruce, Bill and I went in on.  He was pretty happy!
Jack with his rip stick from his mom and dad

Me trying to do what Hailey and Jack were doing...I had no clue what I was doing as you can tell

When I got up, I had texts and pictures from Adam and Jacob.  They left at 3:30 a.m. and crossed the bridge at 6:20.  I texted with them and Kimmy as long as I could.  I enjoyed their trip with them.  They watched some really good movies on their way.  We said our goodbyes when they knew they wouldn't have a signal any longer.  I will miss them, but I know their Grandma Russell will take very good care of them.  
It was a nice morning to enjoy time with the Lord, reading devotions, Bible, worshipping and praying.  It took a while to fill all the bird feeders, clean the hummingbird and oriole feeders and fill them, and put the grape jelly out.  I am excited to still have orioles after 3 weeks of being gone.  I forgot to set the blueberries we picked out yesterday because we weren't at my house that long, so froze them today.  
Vikki, Peyton, Isaac and I rode the rail trail for 10 1/2 miles.  It was a great ride and so much fun other than Vikki's bike kept locking up.  She had it tuned up yesterday, so she called and took it in when we were done riding.  They fixed it right away.  Peyton's bike kept squealing when she hit the brake because the brake pad was bent.  I brought it home with me and Papa fixed it.
In the evening, Bill and I went to celebrate Jack's birthday.  Hailey got home from BayShore, so she was their to celebrate with us too.  The cake and ice cream was delicious and we had lots of fun celebrating.  Hailey played My Lighthouse on her guitar and Melissa and I tried to sing along, but we couldn't follow very well.  Hailey is going to have to start singing so we can follow her lead.  She plays really well now.  Abby sure loved Bill tonight.  
She acted like she didn't hear the rest of us when we called her, but came right away to him.  
We came home and I realized I forgot to get an Amazon card and book for a baby shower tomorrow for our sweet missionaries at church.  I went to Kroger.  Gift cards were doubled, so I picked up some for us and one for Charlie.  He had given Bill $50 to get him a Tim Horton's Card.  I got a few things that were on sale too.  


















No comments: