Saturday, July 31, 2021

Sat., 7/31/21, Went to Kimmy's to check on animals, got to talk to Kimmy on the phone while I was there, Went to Melissa's, Unpacked and did laundry



 Poor Hollyhocks and old double sink.  That pail was in it and I think the water from the storm was so heavy and ground was so wet, it's front legs sank 

We slept in until 8.  After we did our morning reading, we went to Kroger to get gas and get our $1 off 35 gal.  I stopped and got an Ice Capp from Tim Hortons and then and egg McMuffin at McDonalds, then headed to Kimmy's.  I was driving next to Bill.  He was headed to meet Charlie.  I got to Kimmy's and saw the big branch that was down from their tree and lots of small branches all over.  I put the ones around the house in a pile.  The tanks were low on water, so I turned off water at pumps and then reset the circuit.  I noticed the pump in the middle was accidentally pushed down, so no water was going into tank.  I pulled it up and water started flowing.  Fed the chickens, cats and when I went to feed the lambs, the grain feeder was on the floor grain side down.  I cleaned the moldy grain out of the bottom where the grain drops for them to eat and then filled it up again.  I put some grain down in a bucked for the lambs to be eating.  They came up to me and let me pet them.  I'm sure glad I went today.  All the animals looked great today.  Kimmy's plants were doing good, except the Hollyhocks broke off and blew over during the storm.  Her double wash basin sunk in the dirt and it was leaning.  It didn't want to move easy, so I left it for Jared since I didn't want to break it.  I tried calling Kimmy, because Adam texted me and told me when they were heading out.  I was so happy to get to talk to her and tell the rest hi.  They had to put their tent and stuff away in the rain this morning, so will have to set it up to dry when they get home.  We had a nice talk and then she got to where she was going to lose her signal, so we said our goodbyes.  Can't wait to see them all.  I unloaded the camper, did laundry, helped Bill fix the fan chain that broke on the inside of the fan.  It took a while because the tiny brass bracket kept falling out and landing on the floor where it was hard to find.  It was hot while we worked on it because we had to have the electricity off as the fan couldn't be turned off until the chain was fixed.  It was roasting, but we did it.  Good team work!  I took Hailey's clothes and things that were in our camper to her.  I talked to Melissa on my way to see if I could drop the shirts her Aunt Debbie had dropped off.  I washed them for her first.  They are super soft shirts that we all love.  She told me, she told Hailey to tell me to come visit her after I dropped the stuff off.  I already had planned to do that if she was home.  I was so happy to see everybody after a week away.  I picked Souper Cafe sandwiches and soup up for us as it was late by the time we finished working on the fan.  I talked to Vikki.  The kids Tye Dye Shirts turned out so cute!  Did the newsletter for Faith Riders.
 

No comments: