Saturday, August 28, 2021

Sat., 8/28/21, Happy Birthday Bill! Got things ready and had a family party for Bill's Birthday

Happy Birthday to my wonderful and amazing husband.  So thankful God gave you to me!  I love you!

Jared in our pumpkin patch 
Evan, Jack, Isaac, Eli Peyton and Adam
Adam
Charlie and Sue...Charlie is doing so good after having his esophagus removed because of cancer.  It was hard to go through but he is happy he did now.  Will be 81 in Nov.  Such great friends who are like family
Evan and Jack
Isaac, Rody and Bruce
Bill and Jared before I got their attention for a picture
Bill and Jared
Eli and Jack
Evan, Isaac, Peyton and Adam

It was raining when I got up.  Bill read his Bible and devotions, then took the saw and stand back and returned them.  He decided to get handlebars for our trike that adjust to different heights instead.  I ate breakfast, then did my morning reading.  Put cushions on chairs on the deck and washed off the tables.  I made the Mac & Cheese, cooked burger, peppers and onions for on the pizza I made and got tables made big.  Bill went and picked up his no cheese pizza and two Hot and Ready's.  Chuck and Sue got here first, then Vikki, Rody and the twins, and then Kimmy, Jared and the boys.  Jacob and Adam brought the two chairs up from the basement.  They kept asking me if I needed them to do anything throughout the day.  They are such helpful kids.  I sure appreciate them.  Eli had fun hiding my angels again.  I had just found them and put them back.  He says he takes after his dad, and he sure is right.  I remember Jared doing that all the time.  Eli sure enjoys it, and comes to let me know they have been hidden.  I didn't find any today yet.  We ate and then had cake, strawberries and ice cream.  We sang to Bill and to Rody.  We watched videos Kimmy took of Jacob in the marching band last night.  So fun to watch.  Jacob does an amazing job and is so enthusiastic.  Melissa, Bruce and the boys came at three.  Hailey had to work today, so couldn't make it.  I texted with her when she got done.  The kids all loved getting to swim together with their cousins.  It was so much fun watching them have fun together.  Kimmy, Vikki and I went in for a short time to get cooled off.  Stacie, DJ an Kody came over for a while and brought Bill a gift card to Tim Horton's.  They visited for a while, then had to leave to go to a wedding.  After the kids got out, we all had drumsticks and Twinkies outside.  The kids did more swimming after that and we adults did more visiting.  Rody told us at 5:30 that there were supposed to be thunderstorms at 6.  We had the kids get out of the pool and we all put cushions away, picked up camping chairs, took clothes off the line, and took care of whatever was out that needed to be put away.  Great helpers.  So thankful Rody warned us and we didn't get caught in that bad storm.  It rained hard and got very windy outside.  We only had one big branch down, a plant on the deck blew over, the bird feeder stand blew over and another plant on the other side of the deck fell over.  Jared picked up the plant and bird feeder stand for me and I picked up the plant on the other side of the deck.  I have amazing son in laws! Kimmy and Jared's van door was open in the storm.  It hasn't been working right.  Their Garfield book got all wet.  Bummer!  Bill, Jared, Kimmy and I all played 3-13 during the storm.  It was a VERY GOOD game.  I was the winner.  We ate leftovers before they left.  I sent the rest of angel food cake home with Kimmy because I know she loves it.  Sent some strawberries for her to have on top too.  I kept one piece for Kenzie to have tomorrow.  It sure was a fun day celebrating such a wonderful person on his special day.  

No comments: