Monday, August 9, 2021

Monday, 8/9/21, Froze some beets, made cabbage soup, went to Melissa's, went to Costco

Evan, Max and Jack with donuts from Papa and I

Breanna and Hailey came and had donuts too
I made Marie's cabbage soup recipe
We got the upstairs bed back together after Bill glued it.


Bill went with Charlie at 8.  I slept in until 8:30.  I cooked some beets from the garden up to freeze.  I also made cabbage soup.  Marie gave me her recipe and also gave me some onion spice and chicken stock in a bag.  That was so sweet of her.  After I got the soup simmering, I went to Melissa's and dropped off some donuts Bill and I had picked up at Sam's Club for them.  The boys all came out to say hi and talked to me for a while.  Hailey and her friend, Breanna came there too.  We all visited for a while outside.  It was so hot and humid out today.  When I got home and got out of the air conditioned truck, my glasses steamed up so bad, I couldn't even see out of them because of the humidity.  I read my Bible and prayed, then Bill got home and he read his Bible too.  The cabbage soup tasted yummy.  Bill took the clamps off the bed footboard and we put the bed back together.  He helped me put the bedskirt under the mattress and then we made the bed up.  It looks so nice and really brightened up the room.  I moved some things out of the room and also packed up some things for the thrift shop.  In the evening, Bill and I went to Costco.  We got some new outside lights for the garage and porch there.  When we got home, we watched Melissa and Bruce's wedding video that Tim Krause videoed for us.  It sure brought tears to my eyes.  
I had a highlight moment too, when Bill was watching and said to me, you looked gorgeous.  He was so sweet.  Their wedding was beautiful and so touching.  Lots of people showing so much love in it.  Next we will watch Kimmy and Jared's on the 30th.  These videos are sure treasures.

No comments: