Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Wed., 8/25/21, Went to Melissa's, Kimmy and the boys came over, Wished Mark Happy Birthday, Played 3-13, Swam, Church Lament/Prayer/ Praise night, Debbie and Jeff came over

Max, Jack and Evan
Evan with his Hamster while showing us on FaceTime how cuddly she is
Evan sitting in the doorway litterally

Max wasn't smiling for my pictures, so I tricked him and got him on FaceTime smiling
Beautiful Hibiscus 
Cicada on our maple tree
I hung more clothes out and saw that there are two cicadas on the tree
Jacob, Papa, Eli and Adam playing 3-13
Eli loved sitting on our big pumpkin and using the other one for a stool

I read my Bible out on the deck this morning.  Kimmy called and they still don't have power since around 6:30 when the storm hit last night.  There's is a tree at her neighbors that fell and hit a power line.  I told her they should come over.  She said the boys had been begging her to bring them.  She decided they would which makes this mom/nana very happy.  I went to Melissa's to drop Hailey's special bracelet she left in the camper off and also a T Shirt of hers.  The boys all came out to say hi and talk for a minute.  Love my time with them.  Got home just before Kimmy and the boys arrived.  I sure was happy when I saw they brought Wyatt.  I love that dog and his smiles.  We played 3-13.  I started off good, but quickly went uphill if you know what I mean.  Jacob won today's game.  We ate muffins and bagels.  We went swimming and the water was such a great temperature.  We got lots of exercise throwing the squishy bomb around.  Kimmy, Eli and I were on one team and the boys and (papa sometimes) were on the other team.  Of course our team won!!!!  The older boys didn't think so, but Kimmy and I know.  We spent a lot of time in and sure had fun.  We all walked out to the pumpkin patch and checked on the pumpkins.  They are getting huge and I'm wondering how they are going to lift them to get them on the trailer to deliver.  Eli was cute sitting on them, so I took his picture.  They left after that.  Bill and I went to lament/petition/prayer night at church.  It was an awesome service.  Pastor shared Psalm 13 where David lamented, petitioned and then praised God.  He led us in some words of Scripture we repeated.  Then he gave us ideas of things in the past year to lament about before God....Covid, sickness, deaths, loved ones who aren't saved, or who have fallen away, job changes, financial losses, etc.  He told us we could stay in our seats, move, kneel at the altar, kneel at our seat or whatever we wanted and then gave us time to Lament (share our pain) with the Lord.  It was a moving time and tears were shed.  Then next part of Psalm 13 is where David petitioned.  He knew God was the only one who could help him and he asked God to look on him and answer him and give light to his eyes.  We took time then to pray individually for the painful things we shared and petitioned God to help us and answer us.  Then we praised Him.  The worship team lead us in awesome worship and it was an amazing celebration of all God has done for us.  He is the Way Maker, Miracle Worker, Promise Keeper, Light in the Darkness!!!  Even when we don't see Him, He's working.  Amen to that!  The Holy Spirit worked in an amazing way!  Our friends, Debbie and Jeff, called and wanted to come over.  They had been at the service too.  Debbie and I sat on the deck and Bill and Jeff walked around.  We had a great visit with our friends and were so glad they came over.  I played the song Behold our God by Sovereign Grace Music and we all worshipped together.  They hadn't heard the song and loved it.  


 

No comments: