Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Tuesday, 8/24/21, Happy Birthday to Rody!!! Packed up the camper, went for a swim, unpacked the camper

Happy Birthday Rody!  We love you!!!

Bill enjoying the pool
Sunset in the evening after the rain....it was still thundering out when I took this
Ha ha, Bill showed me the shorts he wore to church on Sunday...Now we are both wondering if they were ripped when he was wearing them there

 We all got up early.  We ate breakfast and then the kids helped me with the things they needed to do and put away.  Then they went to the playground and to the clubhouse while I did what I had to do inside.  I washed our water bottles and put fresh water in them for our ride home.  Peyton and I took the trash to the dumpsters.  As I was going, I passed a lady coming back the wrong way.  I thought she must have took her trash down and was just coming back up instead of going all the way around the campground at 5 MPH.  Peyton and I put our two trash bags in, then I thought about going back the short distance up the road the wrong way.  I am always a rule follower so finally thought of Bill and how he would do that and not think anything of it.  I decided to do it, even though it was hard for me to go against the rule.  Well we got almost to the end of the one way, and a guy came running out of the trees, I stopped because he walked right in the middle of the road toward me.  I didn't put my window down because he looked like a weirdo.  He told me I was going the wrong way.  I said ok, but was right by where it turned into two way again, so kept going.  We got back to the camper and Bill was there, doing what he needed to get done.  Isaac and I were folding the outside carpets up and putting them away.  Two workers on a golf cart came by, and asked me if I just went the wrong way up the road.  I told them yes and that I saw a lady coming back that way, so thought it was ok for a short trip up from the dumpster.  They said I almost hit a worker which was totally not true.  The weirdo was a worker evidently.  He looked kind of nutty the way he ran into the road and then up the middle.  I told them what happened.  They were nice and I said I was sorry.  I guess I will continue to be a rule follower.  Guess God was showing me that He likes me that way.  We got everything packed up, then Peyton rode with me and Isaac rode with Papa.  I gave Isaac a coke and papa one of his carbonated waters to cool them down on the ride home.  Peyton had lemonade and I had water.  We also had some M & M cookies on our ride.  We talked to Vikki for a while on our ride and heard about her orientation for work.  She loved the speaker.  I wrote down one of his sayings when I got home.  "Attitudes are contagious.  Is your attitude something someone would want to catch????"  Vikki came to our house and got her stuff out of the camper.  She brought Lenny.  I was happy to see him.  It was so hot out.  I unloaded the food and my clothes, then went for a nice long swim.  Bill joined me.  We stayed in about 1 1/2 hours.  Sure helped to cool down.  Vikki was going to come swim, but decided to just stay home in the air conditioning.  Bill and I called Rody and sang Happy Birthday to him and wished him a Happy Birthday.  We got thunderstorms in the evening.  It got very windy and I ran out to pick up everything that would blow away.  Got our suits and towels off the line too.  We sure needed some rain, so very thankful about that.   

No comments: