Friday, December 23, 2022

Friday, 12/23/22, Snowing and Blowing and 7 degrees without the wind chill. Good day to stay inside and watch movies. Thankful my family and friends are all safe and warm.

Hailey spending the day with us.  We watched Silver Bells, a really good Christmas movie.
Lots of birds were looking for food that had fallen from the feeder on the ground, so I put more there for them since it was bare ground protected by the tree.  Hard to tell what are leaves that have fallen because of the high winds and what are birds
The flags are really blowing today and so is the snow
Big drift where I shoveled.  Trying to keep it cleared by Kit Kat's house and a path
shoveled to the end of the garage.
Hailey and Papa during our 3-13 game

Picture Maddy sent me of Brielle looking beautiful in her cute Christmas outfit

It was nice sleeping in this morning although I did get up a couple of times early to check on the weather conditions and also check on Kit Kat.  I went back to bed until 8:30 which is sleeping in for me.  I went out and shoveled around Kit Kat's house, food and water dish, and also shoveled a path to the end of the house.  Then I did my Bible reading.   Bill got up next and went outside to snow blow the driveway and some paths to the shed.  I told him I would just wait until the wind died down, but he always likes to keep up with the snow.  The whole top cover that protects him blew off once.  I went out to help him get it back on, but by the time I put my hat, gloves, coat and boots on, he had it almost back on.  Hailey got up and came downstairs around 10:30.  When Bill came in, I made eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast.  Hailey wanted to wait and just have lunch.  Kit Kat came to eat in the morning, but didn't get in her cat house that I had protected with a tarp which I secured really good and also put a stepping stone on top so it wouldn't blow.  She wouldn't go in it though.  I didn't see her the rest of the day, but did see footprints where she came to get a drink of water.  Hopefully I see her before bedtime.  She usually comes to eat around 9 each night.  I put a handful of food down and bring in her feeder so no raccoons eat her food.  She loves eating that handful of food.  

I talked to Melissa.  She was feeling a little weak today but she ate some protein and took extra potassium and that helped.  I can't wait til she is better.  Sure am praying for my sweet girl.  Max's cough was worse today too.  Can't wait for him to get better too.  Lots of praying going on.  

Bill, Hailey and I watched the movie, Silver Bells.  It is such a good movie with a great message.  We all liked it.  Hailey hadn't seen it before.  We ate and then we played 3-13.  Bill was ahead until the last round.  I went out fast and he got stuck with lots of points, which won me the game.  We watched the movie, The Most Wonderful Time of the Year afterward.



No comments: