Saturday, December 24, 2022

Sat., 12/24/22...Christmas Eve! Talked to Melissa to see how she was doing, Vikki and Family and Kimmy and Family came over and spent the day,

Eli and Peyton
Hailey and Peyton
Adam
Eli while watching Frosty the Snowman
Peyton playing pictionary
Isaac
Peyton, Hailey, Adam and Jacob playing Haileys game....Taco, Cat, Goat, Cheese, Pizza.
Beautiful snowman Vikki made for Kimmy
Hailey while we played her game
Adam, Kimmy, Jacob, Jared and Hailey...we had so much fun playing Hailey's new game.  
Jacob
Short video of us having lots of fun playing Hailey's game

I didn't sleep good last night because at around 3 the radio alarm in the living room went off.  I got up to see what alarm was going off.  I had unplugged the surge protector and plugged it back in and somehow it had set the alarm.  I shut it off, then went back to bed, but couldn't sleep.  I was just falling asleep, when it sounded like another alarm was going off.  I got up and after looking around, discovered it was someone plowing the neighbors driveway and doing a lot of backing up which caused the beeping sound.  That was at 5 a.m.  I did some praying, then went back to bed to try to get to sleep again.  I finally fell asleep at 7 and got up at 9.  Bill got up at the same time.  Hailey slept until 10:30.  I made chicken noodle soup for Melissa and family.  I had offered the day before yesterday, but she wasn't feeling like eating then, so she said she didn't want me to make it.  Last night, she told me she would like some.  I am so happy she is eating.  Hailey had a bowl of soup for lunch and so did Bill.  

Another awful cold, windy day.  Bill tried to snow blow the driveway, but it wouldn't start.  It was froze up.  He took a heater out to put by it.  Vikki, Peyton and Isaac came over and brought stuff to make chicken noodle soup too.  I helped her cut up some vegetables for it to make it go faster.  Her soup was yummy.  Kimmy and family came over next.  Not good weather to travel in, but Jared is a great driver, even though he drives a little fast lol.  We ate soup, then Vikki made mac and cheese for fussy kids who didn't want soup.  Hailey, Kimmy, Vikki, Jacob and I played a game of 3-13.  Peyton was the winner and Jacob was a close second.    

Melissa called me to say she loved the soup.  We talked several times today.  I can't wait until she is better and I can see her again.  

Jared, Kimmy, Vikki, Rody, and Bill and I played Skip Bo.  We had fun!  Kimmy and Jared got amazing cards and were the winners.  I got tons of 4's during the game.  I had 4 in a row in my pile once.  We had lots of fun though.    Next we played Hailey's fun game.  We laughed so hard.  Kimmy and I messed up the most, but got better at it after we played it a while.  Such a fun time.  

We watched Frosty the Snowman, then played Pictionary which Peyton wanted to play.  We had fun doing that too and us older people won.  What a fun day with family, even though we didn't celebrate our family Christmas!  We can't wait to celebrate on the 31st with Melissa and family.  It is supposed to be in the 50's that day too which will be a welcomed change.  Everyone helped clean up the house before leaving even though I told them to just leave because the wind was still howling and blowing, they had Christmas stuff to do tonight to be ready for tomorrow,  and I also wanted them to get home safely.  They insisted though and with everyone helping it was sure fast.  Thank you dear family!

No comments: