Sunday, December 18, 2022

Sunday, 12/18/22, Went to prayer, then helped with the kids Christmas party in Sunday School, Hailey, and Vikki and family were at church too, Jacob played Christmas Music with the clarinet ensemble of the Midland Concert BandHailey spent the night

Me learning how to Macrame a wall hanging
My finished project with lots of help from Vikki
It looks nice having on the wall
Peyton and Isaac
They were big helps and unwrapped a big bowl of kisses so I could make my candy.  They sure saved me lots of time

Bill was ready for church before me for a change.  We did leave right on time though.  I went back to prayer.  When I came into church, Hailey, Vikki, Peyton and Isaac were all sitting with Bill.  Rody was working in the sound/video room.  I went back and helped with the kids Christmas party.  The kids sure had lots of fun.  There were lots of games they had to move to, so it was really hard to get my K-1st graders to listen good with all of the other kids moving around.  They had fun even though they missed some of the directions though. They really liked the nativity bingo and also the game where they toss the air filled rings and try to get a ring around the reindeer antlers.  They had cupcakes, then got little Christmas activity books, crayons, a cross necklace to color and make, and a bookmark.  A couple of the boys wanted me to play tic tack toe in their activity books with them.  Time went really fast with all of that going on.  

After church, we went to Olive Garden with Diane and James.  Melissa let me know Evan wasn't feeling good, so we could pray for him.  He is so good about wearing a face mask to protect his mom and so kind.  I sure am praying he feels better really fast and that no one else catches it.  As soon as he woke up and felt sick, he put a face mask on.  What a great kid!  There was hardly anyone at the Olive Garden when we got there, but by the time we were ready to leave it was filling up.  I had lasagna and Bill had spaghetti.  It was delicious!  We both brought some home.  I have at least two more meals I will be eating from those leftovers, and Bill has one.

When we got home, I called Vikki because Bill wanted to hook up our new video doorbell and modem, and I needed some help with my new phone set up.  What would take us days to do, Rody does in a very short time.  He got us all set up.  We are so thankful for him and how he always comes to help us with techy stuff.  He's amazing.  Vikki, Peyton and Isaac came too.  Vikki taught me to Macrame and we had fun working together on my first project.  Vikki is a good teacher and a great help.  It turned out so nice and looks so good on my wall.  Thank you Vikki.  Thanks to Peyton and Isaac for unwrapping a big bowl of kisses for my pretzel candies I am making tonight.  What a big help they were!

Kimmy sent two videos of Jacob playing with the Clarinet Ensemble of the Midland Concert Band, and they were absolutely amazing.  I never knew clarinets could sound so good together without other instruments.  Jacob did an awesome job!  We were all so proud of him when we watched the video.  

After everyone left, I made the pretzel kisses candy with M & M's.  Hailey came around 8 to spend the night.  I watched the video from our new doorbell of Vikki and family leaving and it was cute because Peyton turned around and waved.  Hailey was cute when she came too because she was looking right into it.  Fun kids!  Bill, Hailey and I watched a movie.   Hailey ate some of her dirt that was left over from the party last night.  She took a shower, then we all just sat around relaxing.


No comments: