Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Wed.,12/14/22, beautiful sunrise on our way for Bill’s colonoscopy, made butterhorns, went to Jack and Evan's Christmas program at Bethlehem

On our drive to the VA hospital this morning
Picture Sara Ann posted in Ellsworth
Bill in the recovery room after his colonoscopy.  Peyton and I always say in pictures if you hold the picture upside down papa is smiling lol.
Beautiful Poinsettia that came today from James and Diane, our friends from church
Evan ready to play his saxiphone in advanced band
Jack ready to play his French horn too
Evan in the choir
Jack and Evan singing in the choir during the Christmas play
Jack and Evan did amazing in the choir and band tonight!  Great job boys!
Evan going to get another cookie.  Max in the background visiting with his friends Jacob and Madeline.  Vader did amazing tonight and so did Max!
Evan and Jack
Bill, Evan, Jack and me


Love all my Christmas Cards from Bill's sister, Pam.  She painted the pictures of these birds.  She is so talented!  This year's card was mailed to us from England where they are visiting at their cottage there.
I made butterhorns today.  Our favorites!
 Only blossom opened, but one more is almost ready and 4 more are coming.  Not as many as I would like but still beautiful

We got up early today and headed to the VA hospital for Bill's colonoscopy.  The sunrise on the way was absolutely beautiful!  I was thinking of our niece in Ellsworth and how she was probably seeing the same sunrise up there, and how awesome God is.  Later on, I saw that she posted a picture of the sunrise that looked just as beautiful.  

We got to the hospital at 8 and they took Bill back to pre op right away.  The colonoscopy started at 9 and I got to go see him in recovery around 10:30.  I knitted a dishcloth while I was waiting and also walked down and looked in the gift shop.  He was a good boy this time and didn't try driving, but rested all day.  One time he tried driving a little while after he had one done and it wasn't good.  I guess he learned there is a reason they tell you not to drive the day of the procedure.  

I worked more on the butterhorns, cutting them, then putting the filling on, letting them rise and then baking them right before we had to leave for the Evan and Jack's Christmas program.  They got done and were cool enough to pack just in time.  I made chicken and baked potatoes while they were baking and we ate quick too.  Busy day!

We went to the boys Christmas program and it was really good and the boys did great.  I only wish they would have had more microphones for the people in the play because it was very hard to hear some of them.  It was a wonderful play too.  Afterwards, we took pictures and had cookies and punch.  Some of Max's friends came up and talked to him and liked his dog.  

When I got home, I made frosting and frosted the butterhorns and sprinkled nuts on them.
Bill and I tested one of course.  







No comments: