Monday, December 19, 2022

Monday, 12/19/22, Went to Kroger, went out to lunch with Wes and Gayla, watched a Christmas movie

Hailey in her new sweatshirt she got for her birthday
There was a fire in Hemlock last night at the elevator.  The corn caught on fire.  29 fire departments were there to fight the fire.  This was it today.  
 

I got up early and got my Christmas cards ready to send out.  Bill went for coffee with Charlie.  Hailey got up around 10.  We hung out for a while, then Hailey went to hang out with her friends and I went to Kroger to get some gift cards to put in a few of the cards I was sending out.  I had to hurry and get back so we could meet Wes and Gayla at Riverside for lunch.  We had such a great time!  They are just the best friends and they're so thoughtful and kind.  They got us a beautiful gourd Nativity ornament from Costa Maya when they were on their cruise.  They also got us a box of fancy chocolates individually wrapped.  
Hailey was at our house when we got home.  We hung out for a while, then Hailey went upstairs for a while.  I talked to my Best Friend Vikki for a long time.  We haven't talked in quite a while so it was so good getting to talk to her. 
We ate, then watched the movie A Christmas Wish and had popcorn, chips and M & M's.  We each picked which one we wanted for our snack.  The movie was really good! 
After the movie, I asked Hailey if she ate her chili.  She said she forgot.  I asked her if she wanted me to heat it up for her, but she said she would.  She asked me where a microwave cover was.  I told her I would show her so she would know the next time.  I showed her and got a cover for her.  Then the rest of the covers fell somehow, hit a plastic cup in the cupboard which fell also.  We didn't quite see what happened because it happened so fast, but the cup hit the glass bowl of chili Hailey was going to heat up and flipped her bowl upside down on the cupboard with all of the chili contained under it.  We scooted it over a couple of inches onto a heavy duty paper plate and then dumped all the chili back into her bowl.  It was amazing how the bowl didn't break on the cupboard or fall off the cupboard and break.  It was also amazing how the chili just stayed neatly under the bowl.  We sure did laugh, and I sure was happy there wasn't a big chili mess to pick up.  Thank you Lord!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats so funny about the chili! LOL. Kimmy