Thursday, December 15, 2022

Made an apple pie using Lela's recipe Kimmy gave me.  I love the pies Kimmy makes using her recipe.

Bill went to breakfast at Riverside to celebrate Dick Carpenter's 92nd birthday with Charlie and a few guys.  I went to Aldi and to Kroger and got groceries I will need for our Christmas celebration Saturday.  Melissa called and wanted me to go to Penney's with her and Hailey.  I brought my groceries home because I had ice cream, then left to meet them.  We had fun shopping, but the store was really warm and we were all so warm.  We took our coats off and that helped some.  We went to check out and I used my 40% off coupon that came in the mail.  Melissa peeled her coupon and she had a 50%.  The girl told her it was off her entire purchase, so we decided to do some more shopping.  Melissa found lots of stuff for the boys and a couple of things Hailey wanted.  Well when we checked out, the lady had some problems and told us she was new on the job.  She told Melissa the shoes she scanned first were 1/2 off.  Melissa told her she didn't want them.  She was really nice and scanned the other stuff.  At the end she said the total was 238, but with the coupon it came to 198.  Well the three of us thought the same thing.  We walked off to look at the receipt and decided the lady was new so we would go to a different register.  We went upstairs, and she sent us back downstairs.  The lady wasn't there anymore so the girl sent us upstairs to returns.  The guy looked and took the items that weren't half off, off the Bill and Melissa didn't get them.  The final price was much better this time.  They sure should make it clearer what is covered by the coupon.  It said shoes and also items on sale were included, but then certain brand names weren't.  Oh well, we had fun and it sure felt good to get outside where we loved being cool.  
They went to eat at Culver's and I came home since I had already eaten and had lots to get done for the party.  I gave Melissa a diet root beer I had in the car and also gave Hailey a Lemonade, so they wouldn't have to buy drinks.  

We did our Bible reading and Advent devotion, then went to take some butter horns to Pastor Ken and Joan.  I visited with her for a few minutes, then we went to Jacks to get some Hickory Stick and cheese, to Sam's club for a few things, and then to Best Buy.  When we got home, I made 3 pie crusts and then an apple pie.  I talked to Kimmy and Adam was still sick.  His neurologist was sick too, so he cancelled Adam's appointment, and rescheduled for Tues.  This was a blessing since Adam was sick and now doesn't have to wait long to get in.  He has already waited months.  They can't come to the party on Sat.  Vikki talked to Matthew and he has a cold.  Melissa decided they can't come because she doesn't want to take a chance and get sick.  Vikki thought we should cancel the party and Bill and I agreed, so we will maybe have it in Jan. now.  When I let Shani know, I told her I would drop off some butter horns to her because she loves them.  She will be in Saginaw tomorrow, so she is stopping to pick some up.  I put the ham in the freezer, the turkey in the freezer, the pie in the freezer, the pie shells in the freezer, the cool whip, the Hickory Stick and the butter horns in the freezer for the next party Christmas Eve. 

Jacob texted me last night and told me he was accepted at Michigan State University.  Yay for Jacob.  He is smart, respectful, responsible, talented and a very hard worker.  He sure deserves this.  I am so very proud of him.  Next year I will have two amazing grandkids in college.  Where is the time going?????

I had a couple of nice long talks with Kimmy tonight which was really nice.  Face timed and take with Vikki and talked a couple of times with Melissa.  Kimmy told me how to put my pictures on so they will be in order.  What a great help and blessing.  I tried it and it worked. Yay.  Thank you Kimmy!

No comments: