Sunday, August 13, 2023

Sunday, 8/13/23, Went to prayer and church, went to see Stacie get baptized, went to Faith Rider's ladies luncheon, Vikki came over, Bill visited Ralph

Yay, Stacie got baptized today!  We are so happy and so proud of her making this great decision to follow Jesus in baptism!!!
Bill, Stacie and Stacie's pastor
 
Me, Jen, Dot, Barb, Elaine and Elaine's mom at our Faith Rider's Ladies luncheon at Denny's
 
Jack came out to see me when I got to their house to drop off some trail mix packets
Lots in the middle was down, so I stood it up and pressed the dirt around the bottom with my foot which was in a muck boot.

 We went to prayer, then into the church service.  We prayed for people after church.  Brittany's 14 yr. old niece came up for prayer for her papa to be healed of cancer.  She is such a sweet girl.  The first thing she showed us was she was wearing the WWJD bracelet Bill gave her last time she had us pray for her.  Vikki let Bill know to call Stacie right away because she wanted to get a hold of us, and couldn't.  The Holy Spirit moved upon her to get baptized today at a baptism service at some people's house that go to her church.  She wanted Bill to Baptize her.  She is our Bonus daughter in love from the Lord.  We went home and changed right away and both drove separately there, because I had to go to a Faith Riders Ladies luncheon at 1:30.  We got there and were so happy to see Stacie and her big smile.  So thankful she called us even though it was last minute, so we could be there.  She and Bill didn't have a signal, so she used my phone and called DJ.  We were so happy that he made it there in time.  We saw Bill and Gretchen Mallory.  Bill grew up with our kids and was just a little older.  We also saw the people who used to own Riders, Don Braman, and Sara and JJ Reiner.  Stacie told the pastor I had to leave early. They did the baptism before eating which was great because I could be there and see Stacie get baptized.  Kody came over to watch.  He had been fishing and riding in the paddle boat.  He smiled and came and gave us big hugs.  She sure is growing up fast and getting very tall and very handsome.  Stacie gave a testimony before getting baptized about how God had her meet Bill and then how she became family to us.  It was very touching.  It was just so special seeing her get baptized by Bill and her pastor.  What a great day and how wonderful to see her follow Jesus in baptism.  We love her so much.  

I went to my luncheon after that.  We had a fun time and nice visit.  We had good food too.
We all got to know each other better.  Vicki Beemer and Iain came to sell me an entertainment card Iain is selling for a football fundraiser.  They both gave me a hug when they came in and another before they left and Iain told me he loved me.  He is like a grandson to me.  I had him in my Sunday School class K-1, and his family and us became really good friends.  It's been about 14 years now we've known them.  His dad just passed away a year ago.  

Vikki came over to pick up a long stick like a cane.  I went out back to see her and noticed the corn in the middle had all fallen over from the wind and rain.  I didn't feel like it, but I went and got my mud boots anyhow and straightened the corn up and pressed it in that muddy dirt so it would stand up again.  Hopefully it stays.  

Bill got home and said he ran in to Krause's.  He said they are going fishing the first of Sept., but will probably come home for our party.  They also told Bill that Brittany's father in law, has stage 4 liver cancer.  We are continuing to pray for a miracle.  



 

No comments: