Friday, August 25, 2023

Friday, August 25, 2023, Happy Birthday Mark! We love you! Went shopping with Hailey and Melissa, Kimmy, Eli, Vikki and Isaac came over, Melissa and Evan came over to see the camper,

Max had both dogs following him for treats..Abby may be old, but she's not going to be left out if she has anything to do about it.  She and Vader are two great dogs.
Hailey showing me the safari outfit she wears when she takes new college students on a tour
The back
We had lots of fun shopping.  Got this picture when I dropped her off.  Sure love this girl.

Woke up lots last night for some reason.  Slept good the last two hours of the morning though.  I texted Mark in Vietnam to wish him a happy birthday.  Tuyen and he sent me a video right after.  It was cute of them.  Mark thanked me for the birthday greeting and also told me he is praying for me everyday.  Just what I love hearing from my nephew who is dear to my heart.  Sure do love him and his new bride.  

I did some cleaning and then picked Melissa and Hailey up to go shopping.  Hailey and I were in the living room, and Max came in with Vader.  He gave him a treat, and Abby (age 14) went right over by him so she could get a treat.  She can't hear any more, but she is a smart dog who doesn't miss out because she watches what is going on.  She's too funny.  Melissa had gone with Bruce yesterday with Bruce to a store, but had to sit down a couple times.  It's a miracle she could get out and do that.  Today though, it was bigger miracle.   She went to six stores with Hailey and I and kept right up and lasted the whole time.  She was tired, but did amazing.  She and I both found dresses for Amanda's wedding tomorrow.   It was just last week she called so conjested, she was scared she was going to have to go in to the hospital..  We prayed hard and God answered.  We are so thankful.  Hailey found clothes she liked for college too.  I came home and Kimmy came, then Vikki and Isaac came and brought delicious homemade chicken noodle soup.  Kimmy found a cute outfit for the wedding today too.  Vikki helped her pick it out.  We ordered the stuff we need to decorate for our 50th party.  Bill called me when we were shopping and said he found a truck and got a good price for his old truck.  He asked me if he should get it.  We have been praying and the guy that sold it to him was a Christian and said he had been praying too.  It's a smaller truck b because we don't need one for hauling a camper now.  It is a pretty reddish color and very comfortable.  It was getting 24.7 mpg when we were driving it with is over double what we got with our other truck.  I am very  thankful.  The girls liked it too.  He sent Kenzie a picture too and she liked it.  

Melissa and Evan came over in the evening to see the motorhome and the truck.  Melissa really liked it and loved all the storage.  Evan and Papa played ping pong of course.  They sure had fun. She tried her dress with her new socks on for us.  It is so pretty on her.  Bill really liked it too.  He liked my dress too.  Evan had some Oreos with papa.  I steamed Melissa's dress to get the wrinkles out of it.  The steamer sure worked good.  I showed Melissa the inside of the truck when they were leaving.  Bill had already showed Evan.  Melissa sat in it and really liked it.  They left after that.  I texted her after she got home.
                                                                                                                                                               

 

No comments: