Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Thurs., 8/10/23, Took Adam to soccer, came home and made egg salad, Vikki and Kenzie came over and addressed envelopes and put invitations in, went to Adam soccer parents meeting,

Kenzie...cute momma to be
Adam joining us outside
Kenzie tried my sister's bridesmaid dress from our wedding on.  It was too big, but looked cute on her
Me in my sister's bridesmaid dress she wore in my wedding and Kenzie in my wedding dress.  (I sure don't fit in that anymore)

Kenzie picked this beautiful bouquet out of my flower garden


Hailey came out to say hi when I did an outside visit
Clair is up in the balcony above the H
Clair in the blue on the right of the yellow shirt

Took Adam to his soccer.  I started two loaves of bread in the bread makers.  I also boiled eggs to make egg salad.  Vacuumed and cleaned the bathroom.  Bill offered to go get Adam for me.  Vikki and Kenzie were coming over to do the invitations outside, so it worked out good. However, Kimmy and Jared face timed me, thinking they would get to talk to Adam, but just got me.  Bill doesn't have face time, so they couldn't FaceTime him.  We talked for a long time which I was happy about.  

 Vikki got her first and sat out on the deck.  Kenzie came next and brought me a yummy pizza bun and some chocolate covered cherries.  They started addressing envelopes and I peeled eggs and made the egg salad.  Then in 30 minutes, the bread was done.  I let it cool 10 minutes, then sliced it with my Rada knife.  It is so amazing how it can cut warm bread without squishing it.  I made sandwiches up and  we ate  outside.  We all kept our distance from Vikki.  She doesn't have any symptoms, but Peyton just got over Covid, so we are still being careful.  They worked good together and got them done pretty fast.  Kenzie was cute.  When she got to Wes and Gayla's and Aunt Debbie's, she put a heart sticker on them to make them special.  I talked to Melissa.  She is still not feeling good, although she said the covid medicine is working.  Jack is a tiny bit better.  I sure am praying for them.  

When all the invitations were done, Kenzie left and took them and mailed them.  She called me after she dropped them in the mail.  She is such a sweet, smart girl who is always willing to help and she's so talented too.  It started raining just before she left and it wasn't in the forecast.  After she left, it started just pouring and was really windy.  We tried to have Vikki come in with a mask, but she wouldn't.  She stood under the gazebo in the center and put a pillow over the papers she had.  The invitations were already with Kenzie.  Yay.  This was so unexpected and came up so fast there wouldn't have been time to gather them all.  

I went to Melissa's to drop 6 covid tests off for her to have.   Hailey came out to see me.  Melissa opened the door to say hi.  She texted me that they loved getting the surprise package of licorice I stuck in the bag.  I sure love them all and can't wait til they are better.  I am doing a lot of praying. 

Debbie came over and paid for the hearts my friend made for her.  We only got to visit for a few minutes, because I was just getting ready to leave for the soccer parent meeting I was going to for Kimmy and Jared.  Adam offered to go with me and show me where the media room was, but I told him where it was.  He had explained it earlier and I remembered.  I went and ended up having to go to the gym first.  It was nice, because Claire had had band camp all week and was playing in the band for us.  She did great.  I sent Adam a picture and video.  The meeting was good and I took lots of notes for them.  They went to where they had a good signal, so I could ask them any questions I had during the meeting.  I only had one, and was glad to have them online to ask them.  I talked to Kimmy almost all the way on the drive home.  So nice.  I came home and tried running off 8 more invitations.  I had tried a few times and the printer wouldn't run all the copies I needed.  Kenzie called and I mentioned it to her and she said to try turning the printer off.  That worked!  Kenzie to the rescue again.  

I talked to Melissa in the evening and now Bruce has Covid.  Bummer.  Hailey is the only one that hasn't got it.  Melissa needs prayer for strength and healing.  She is feeling weak.  Praying for God to heal quickly.  

Bill and I watched another video on our camper model.  We are learning lots.

 

No comments: