Friday, August 11, 2023

Friday, 8/11//23, Took veggies back to our neighbor, dropped Adam off for soccer, Jacob picked Adam up and came here, emptied the 5th wheel out, took Adam's bike to his house, drove home in heavy rain, took three returns back, Yay Kimmy and Jared are home

I was very happy to see Jacob.  He has stayed very busy the past 2 weeks.  I saw him Thurs. for a few minutes at the camper place, but didn't think to get a picture.  He was heading to Lansing.  He sure has done great and been very responsible while Kimmy and Jared were gone to Copper Harbor.  
Boo hoo...I am losing my Adam today.  He is moving back home after spending the week with us so he could go to soccer tryouts.  He is a great kid to have around and we loved having him stay with us.  Another very responsible kid.  He amazed me.
Adam and Jacob ready to head for home in the Dodge!  Jacob loves this car.  He even had me come out and see how you push the button and the trunk opens.  My car needs one of those.

Jacob ready to drive

Vikki made this beautiful mobile for Kenzie's baby.  She is so talented.
Kenzie called me to let me know it was hailing at her place and could hail here.  She showed me a picture and told me to cover the truck as much as I could.  We did!  I went out and took the cover off and saw this beautiful sunset.  Thanks Kenzie and Vikki for the warning.  Thanks Melissa too for the thunderstorm warning so I could close up the camper.  We have wonderful daughters who care about us so much.  We are blessed!
This is how big the hail was at Kenzie's.  WOW!

I got up early and picked the garden.  Washed some green peppers, tomatoes (small ones, medium ones and a large one (they are just starting to get ripe) and took them back to our neighbors.  Bill had texted Chase and let him know I was coming.  He came out the door to greet me, get the vegetables, and thank me.  They are great neighbors.  Adam and I left there and went to where he is practicing for soccer.  I dropped him off, then went to Melissa's.  I just set what I took for her on the porch table.  Jack texted me right before I got there.

I got home and Bill and I went to Kroger to fill our gas tanks and get $1 off up to 35 gal. Great to have that right now with high gas prices so high.  I came home and ate a muffin Bill brought home for me from Tim Horton's.  He had coffee with Charlie there this morning.  Jacob and Adam came about 15 minutes after I got home.  I was happy to get to see Jacob.  Adam packed most of his stuff up last night and I washed his clothes.  Both of those boys carried everything down (refrigerator, table, and lots of stuff Adam had). They joyfully worked together getting every thing packed in the car.  Adam put his air mattress in my car, because I told him I would drop his bike off later.  They were ready to leave and I took some pictures.  
I waved goodbye.  Then I got the car ready to drive back by the 5th wheel so I could pack stuff in it to bring to the garage.  The boys came back because Adam couldn't find his phone.  Adam and I looked all over the house.  Then we went back to the car.  Jacob tried calling it.  Adam found it on the floor on the side of his seat.  They said goodbye and off they went again.

Bill came home and we decided to unload the camper. Rain was in the forecast and we wanted to do it before that started.   I packed up tubs, clothes baskets, boxes and he loaded them in the car and truck.  Then he drove to the garage and unloaded everything in the garage.  He worked hard and it was very hot outside.  I was in air conditioning working at least.  He got the spring back on a chair in the back room of the camper, so the foot rest comes out again.  He's very strong too.  I tried and it looked impossible.  We got everything done, but I forgot to get things off the loft, so will do that tomorrow.  

Bill also loaded Adam's bike on the rack on my car.  I called Jacob and let him know I was bringing it.  I got to take to Kimmy on the way there which was so nice.  They were by the Mackinaw Bridge.  The closer I got to their house, the darker it looked.  I got almost to their house and it started sprinkling.  It quit while Jacob unloaded the bike, Adam got his stuff out of my car, and I helped tighten up the bike rack to travel home.  I got in the car and they got in the house and a few minutes later it was a down pour.  It was like I was driving in a carwash all the way home.  I stayed pretty close to the car ahead of me so I could follow their lights. I was happy to get home.  I was very happy to get the call that Kimmy and Jared were close to their house.  Thankful to have them home safe and their family all back together.  

I talked to Melissa a few times.  Bruce did call the doctor and got medicine for his Covid.  I am sure glad.  Can't wait until they are all feeling good again.  Bill backwashed the pool because it was getting very full.  He did that while I put slide outs in.  Then we relaxed.  I texted with Jack for a while.  I am missing him.  l want him to get better so he and Eli can come spend the night again.  Great kiddo!

No comments: