Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Tues., 8/22/23, Adam's first day of School, Evan's first day of school, Adam's first Day of School, First picking of corn from our garden Jacob moved into his dorm today, Weeded around flowers and plants, took cans back, dropped off stuff at thrift store, picked Adam up, picked up Eli's schedule, went to funeral home for Danielle's grandma

Adam's first day school, 11th grade,  Awesome kid, kind and caring...GBG...Go Be Great Adam! I love you!
Evan's first day of school as a 7th grader.  He is so kind and such a great kid.  GBG Evan...Go be Great!  I love you!


Eli being a great helper
Eli and Jacob taking all Jacob's things up to his dorm
Jacob getting organized
 
Jacob and his roommate relaxing after everything was done
I am going to miss this Spartan so much! First year at MSU!  GBG Jacob!  Go Be Great! I love you!

Eli and Jacob
Corn we picked from our garden this morning
A small package of zinnia seeds sure turns into a large beautiful display in the garden
My first flower, turned into a rosebud.  I didn't make a stem so just stuck it in the vased
Vikki with Carmella (8 mos. old).  She just loved Vikki and wouldn't go to Chuck, her great uncle from her.  Almost didn't want to go to her mom, but after a few tries she did.
Me and Peyton with Josey's baby.  She was the happiest and best baby, and was so friendly

Bill took the garbage out, then we picked the corn that was ready in the garden.  Lots of it isn't ready yet.  The corn in the center blew down after it rained 2 1/2 inches a couple of times and the wind blew hard.  It was dry enough to walk in today and not get muddy.  

Bill went to have some camper keys made up for me.  He also picked up some chlorine for the pool.  We will be closing it soon.  Even though we get some hot days, we get more cool days and nights, so the pool water isn't warm and with kids in school it doesn't get used much.  

I talked to Melissa and she said Evan had a great day today and loved school.  I was so happy to hear about his day.  

I went to pick up a foam square for the vent in the camper.  It will make it nice and dark in there when we want to sleep in an also helps keep it cooler on very hot days.  The camper store only had one left.  After that, I dropped stuff off at the thrift store, then took 5 bags of pop cans and Bill's flavored water bottles back.  I came home, and Vikki and Peyton were just pulling in the driveway.  I changed, then we went to Midland to pick up an ankle brace for Adam.  Then we went to Big Boy and Peyton got a shake, Vikki got a grilled cheese sandwich, and I got a Slim Jim and fries.  Peyton shared my fries.  After that we picked Adam up from his soccer practice.  He sure was in a cheerful and happy mood.  I am so glad he has pretty much fully recovered from his concussion and side effects.  One good doctor that knows what to do sure does make a difference.  He is one great kid and I am very thankful to God for his healing.  We stopped at McDonalds and I ordered him a Diet Coke and a McChicken Sandwich.  The girl told me it was buy one get one for a $1 so we ordered another and Adam was very happy since he hadn't eaten all day.  Vikki ran into Eli's school and picked up his schedule, while I turned the car around.  Then we waited for her to come out, which didn't take long.  She sent Kimmy a picture of the schedule so she could show Eli.  We headed to drop Adam off at home.  Bo was running so fast and looked so beautiful in the field.  I wish I could have gotten a video.  We dropped Adam off and then went to the funeral home.  Josey, her husband, and her baby were in the parking lot with Danielle and Brad, so we stood out there and talked for a long time.  Vikki held the baby and she was so happy and content.  She must have held her a half hour while we visited with everyone.  Chuck, Heather and Lee came outside so we talked to them too.  It was so nice seeing everyone.  We went in and talked to Jackie and watched the video of Mrs. Hingston and her family.  She was a very sweet lady.  We were heading home and I was super thirsty, so told Vikki I was going to stop at McDonalds and get a drink.  I pulled over to turn in and McDonalds entrance was blocked off because they are working on it.  Vikki told me to pull into Taco Bell so I did.  We ordered our drinks and got them free, then were going to leave and the guy asked if we wanted a free Dorito taco because it was taco Tuesday. Vikki asked if we could each get one and he said everyone in the car gets a free one.  We parked and ate our free food and drank our free drinks.  Pretty amazing.  Vikki left right away because Kenzie is spending the night at her house and also the kids start school tomorrow and Vikki starts work.  I read my Bible.  Talked to Melissa today and she is feeling a little better.  Can't wait till she feels great again, but she is heading in the right direction.  Talked to Kenzie lots today.  She ordered what I am getting her for her shower and also picked up some nice outfits and stuff.  She sure makes it easy for me.  I sure appreciate her doing that and I love that she's getting what she wants.  All I have to do is wrap them.  Talked to Kimmy lots today too.  I love my family!




 



No comments: