Thursday, August 24, 2023

Thurs. 8/24/23, shampooed living room carpet, hung out with Kenzie, went to Olive Garden, Bill put handle on camper door and replaced a couple of latches, and we went to Birch Run to Camping World, got second Shingles shot, went and visited Angie and Carol

Kenzie and I at Olive Garden
When I got home, Bill had this door rail on.  It is so nice.  Now we don't have to reach for that little white handle.  

Woke up early so ate breakfast, drank my coffee, and started shampooing the carpet.  I vacuumed it last night.  It had lots of deep spots on it, but it cleaned up amazingly and looks like new carpet again.  Washed the upholstery on the dining room chairs too. Kenzie was at Vikki’s and called and wanted me to come hang out.  We went to Olive Garden for lunch and had fun visiting while eating our soup, salad and breadsticks.  We back to Vikki’s and she showed me how to make flowers. I made 3.  Vikki got home and a little while later Kenzie left. She want to get home before the storm.  I left shortly after, since Kenzie already showed me how to make a flower and Vikki didn’t have to.

I got home and Bill had the drawer latches the camper place gave him replaced and a beautiful door bar on.  He took me to get my last Shingles shot, then we went to Birch Run.  Got a different grill that fits in the storage compartment of the motorhome.  Will sell our other one.  When Bill took the camper in yesterday to have the leveler installed, they told him our 5th wheel sold already.  I figured it would.  


We went by Carol’s on our way to Birch Run and saw that Angie was there. We didn’t stop in because we knew what an awful ordeal she went through at the airports on her way here and figured she’d be tired out. Her last ordeal was sitting in a plane for 3 hours at Detroit because there was a severe thunderstorm with hail, heavy rain, and wind.  This caused flooding so there was a problem getting her luggage when she did get off the plane.  Shani went to pick her up in Detroit, instead of having her fly the rest of the way and when she got there was told she couldn't get in to pick her up because of flooding.  A nice lady who saw her sitting there said she would find her and bring Angie to her.   I texted Carol on our way back and we picked up a pizza and took it over to eat with them.  We ate and visited for an hour and a half, then came home. I talked to Kenzie on my way home.  It was getting really dark when we got to our house, and when we got in, it started pouring.  I texted with Jacob, Adam and Hailey today.  Talked to Melissa, Vikki and Kimmy.  





 

No comments: