Thursday, September 7, 2023

Friday, Sept. 8, 2023, Our 50th Wedding Anniversary, Got a few last minute things for the party, picked Kimmy up and decorated the fellowship hall for the party, Kimmy and Vikki came over and we worked on pictures for the picture books, went to Outback for dinner,

Bill surprised me today with roses and some other flowers mixed in
Bill and I working on balloons together for our 50th party
We set up what we could.  Had to leave 4 tables at the end for youth group tonight
Vikki made the balloon arch and Kimmy helped her hang it.  She did an amazing job on it.
We went to Outback and had steak. We had the best waiter.
Free delicious dessert to split.  It was huge.  Thunder from down under was the name of it.


We picked up the cake for tomorrow
Our chairs from Pam, Dick, Fred and Lourdes.  They are so comfortable. 
 

 Kimmy worked very hard making 140 cupcakes and frosting and sprinkling them.  They look amazing.  I picked up 400 pictures for the picture books I ordered from Walgreens.  I also picked up some Hershey gold wrapped kisses for the candy dish.  Meijer had them on sale.  I picked up some gold forks and gold shredded paper from Party City.  I worked on getting the glass candle holder filled and ready.  Kimmy called and wanted me to pick her up at 1:30 at the Dow Diamond.  Jared picks up the van there.  I didn't hear from Kimmy where to for sure go to meet her, and couldn't get a hold of her, so I called Jared.  He tired to give me directions as I drove, but I got confused at some of them.  Kimmy finally called and said to just put Dow Diamond in maps, so I did and then with talking to her I found the right parking place.  She was running behind because of making and decorating so many cupcakes, then having to pack them up so Wyatt didn't get them and also had to load them in her van to bring to me.  She was so busy and lost track of time.  I thought she knew we were to be at the church to decorate at 2, but it must have been Vikki I told for sure.  We left the Dow Diamond at 1:55.  I called Bill to have him take the tubs I had loaded and stacked to take to the church.  He got there at 2 and met Aiden who was opening up the church for us.  Vikki came right after she got out of work.   I had to drive slow and easy on the turns and stops, so the cupcakes didn't go flying.  Kimmy did ask me why I was speeding when she noticed I was going 85 on the expressway.  I slowed down because I didn't know I was going that fast.  We got to my house and quickly unloaded all those cupcakes, then went to leave and the mailman pulled in right behind us.  I had to go talk to him to see what he wanted.  He was delivering a big package which was a Lazy Bear Chair from Bills brother and sister and their spouses.  I had the mailman just put it in the garage and told him we were just leaving to go decorate for our 50th.  I told him that because I said we didn't order a chair and it must be the neighbors.  He said the name was right on it.  Then I remembered why it was coming.  He wished me a happy anniversary a couple of times, and then left.  We hurried to the church and were only 15 minutes late.  Vikki and Bill were there blowing up balloons.  We all moved some tables, then had to get extra chairs because they only had 5 at a table and we needed 8. We were very thankful Aiden set up the tables and chairs for us.  That was a huge time saver where we only had 2 hours to decorate.  Bill and Vikki kept working on balloons, I helped blow up some while Vikki started connecting them.  Then Bill and I carried them all over to her to use.  Kimmy and I moved the big table and got table covers on all of the tables, and the table skirts on the two long tables.  Kimmy put all the centerpieces on.   The girls set up the table with the wedding pictures, card box and other stuff and made it look beautiful.  Vikki did an amazing job connecting all the balloons to make an arch.  She and Kimmy hung it.  It was a blessing that I picked up three small command hooks for the camper and I just thought I would throw them in just in case we needed them.  We sure did need them. I put 50th confetti around them on six tables. We had to leave 4 tables plain so the youth group could use them tonight to decorate cookies for the fire station.  We will finish those tables tomorrow morning.  Kimmy put all the cupcake holders and trays on the dessert table.  Everything looked very nice when we left.  Kimmy and I picked up subs at Subway and brought them to my house to eat.  I only ate part of mine, because Bill and I were going out for our anniversary later.  Kimmy and I stuck the 50th anniversary decorations in some of the cupcakes.  Some have to wait til tomorrow because the tops of the containers won't close with them on.  That will be Melissa's job tomorrow.  We started working on organizing pictures for the picture books after that. Bill worked more on mowing the grass. I gave Kimmy the stack I had worked on organizing last night and she started the small picture book.  I started organizing the big stacks I picked up today.  Vikki came and started working on them with us.  Kimmy worked on big stacks too.  Bill came home and brought me beautiful roses with flowers mixed in.  I put them in a vase.  We girls worked until Bill and I had to leave for our date, then they finished both books which look amazing while we were gone.  They are amazing and very talented.  They went to Big Boy in Midland and Jared joined them.  We went to Outback, and I looked up and reminded Bill we needed to go to Sam's Club first to pick up the cake at 6.  I was on my phone so didn't notice we weren't going the right way.  The cake was beautiful.  We headed back to Outback.  We had the best waiter at Outback.  He went out of his way to treat us really good and wished us Happy 50th a few times.  He brought us a delicious big chocolate brownie with ice cream dessert for free for our anniversary.  While we were eating our dessert, Bill gave me the sweetest card he had written in.  It had an Outback gift card in it for $50.  We used it to pay for our meals.  How handy!  When we got home, we opened our chairs up and took a picture to send to Pam and Fred and thank them.  Then I looked at the amazing picture books.  I texted the girls to thank them.  Bill and I read our Bibles after that.


No comments: