Saturday, September 23, 2023

Sat., 9/23/23, Breakfast with CMA friends for RFS donation, nice motorcycle ride, pizza at Buccilli's, motorcycle ride around Houghton Lake and by Higgins Lake, Chili dinner and potluck, campfire and devotion

Breakfast cooked by the West Branch Chapter to raise money for CMA through donations

Peyton at her friend Ava's house
Eli at the Tim Hawkins concert with the lead singer who sang Big Big House
Our Saturday Ride with Jeff Wheeler leading.  It was in the 70's and such a beautiful ride
 
 
Some pretty color
 
 
 
Houghton Lake
 
In the parking lot of Buccilli's
Having good pizza at Buccilli's
After we ate, Jeff took Bill and I on a motorcycle ride around Houghton Lake.  It was just beautiful.  We went by Wes and Gayla's campground they stayed at at Higgins Lake
Adam putting Claire's corsage on her.  Lots of pictures from Homecoming night that Vikki took.  They went to Outback afterward and Adam texted me that he loved the bread.  
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
Sawyer, Adam and Claire
Claire and her dad
 
 
Cute picture of Kimmy and Adam 
 
In the morning, we went to Julie and Phil's campsite for breakfast cooked by the West Branch chapter to raise money for Run for the Son.  They took donations for breakfast.
We had pancakes and sausage.  At 10, Jeff, Don, Dawn, Marie, her hubby, Tony, Bill and I went on a 130 mile motorcycle ride, then met up with the people who rode off road vehicles
for lunch at Buccilli's for pizza and breadsticks.  It was delicious.  There were 30 of us there.  After we ate, Jeff Wheeler, Bill and I went for a motorcycle ride around Houghton Lake and then by Higgins Lake and the campground Wes, Gayla, Barb and Ron stayed at.  They had already left for home by that time.  When we got back to our campground, we sat outside and visited for a while, then we started getting things ready for our chili/potluck.  I had chili going in the crockpot, then also had more in containers in the refrigerator.  I put that all in a pot and warmed it up on the induction burner on the stove in the camper.  It worked so great.  
I will be using that lots.  The girls and families had given me one for Mother's Day one year and I always packed it in bubble wrap and kept it in the camper.  Now I have that one for an extra burner when we have big get togethers and don't have to all it but can keep it at home.
This camper is so easy and so much fun to stay in.  Julie came over to see if she could help with anything and carried the carrier Vikki had given me over to the potluck.  I had it filled right up.  I made some Cole slaw and Banana Cream Pudding dessert so Bill came and helped me carry that and the chili over.  Julie made white chili which was really good but a little spicy for me.  I ate it but my mouth was burning a little.  The banana cream pudding dessert was a big hit.  We cleaned up afterward, then all sat around the campfire til 11 at night.  Mike gave a good devotion.  Such a fun and caring group of friends.  

No comments: