Thursday, September 21, 2023

Thurs., 9/21/23, Packed more stuff in the camper, Took chili to Dave and Bev, picked up Peyton and Isaac after school, made ground bologna,

Kenzie's baby's room is looking so beautiful!
 
Vikki went to help Kenzie organize the preemie clothes for the baby today.  Then they went to Big Boy.  I had just told Kenzie yesterday when we went by there, next time we would have to go there.

I got up early and started making chili for the chili cookout in St. Helen on our camping trip.  I made some extra to take Bev and Dave.  She fell at church on Sunday, then ended up having a bladder infection so they kept her at the hospital for that for a couple days.  She didn't have any injuries from her fall, praise God.  They were very happy when I called and asked them if they wanted me to drop off some chili.  They are such a sweet couple.  Bev is in her 90's and Dave is in his late 80's.   I picked the last peppers in the garden to put in the chili.  When it was done, I went and dropped some off to them.  We visited for a few minutes, then I came back home to do laundry and pack all but the last minute stuff.  

Vikki was going to Kenzie's so I told her I would pick up the kids.  She wanted to know if I wanted Rody to meet me half way to pick them up from me.  I told her I wanted to spend time with them and then would take them home.  I vacuumed and scrubbed the camper floors, then left to get the kids.  I told them I would get them shakes on the way home later.  Neither one was hungry.  I offered them chili, spaghetti O's or PB&J sandwiches, but they didn't want any.  We were going to go out in the camper and play 3-13, but Rody called Isaac and told him his new phone came.  After that, Isaac just wanted to go home and set up his phone and watch.  Peyton was sweet and said she would go home early so Isaac could get his phone.  As we were going out the door, Bill told me to get him a concrete mixer from Culver's.  We got by Meijer on Tittabawassee and the stoplights weren't working.  We went to Culver's and pulled up to the speaker, but it wasn't working.  The car ahead of me had just pulled up to the window, so I did the same. It was dark inside and there was no one inside.  Isaac called Rody and told him, and Rody said the power had been out most of the day.  He said his power was on, so we headed to McDonald's to get shakes.  Isaac said on the way that McDonald's ice cream machine was probably not working.  We got there and got in line and when we went to order they told us the ice cream machines weren't working.  Then we went back to Woody's where Peyton had asked to go to get her favorite ice cream.  By that time, Isaac didn't want a shake any longer.  We got Peyton's and then I dropped them off at home.  I went to the Culver's in Shield's and got Bill and I a concrete mixer.  Bill's was vanilla ice cream and granola and mine was chocolate with bananas and strawberries.  YUM!  I brought them home and we ate them.  

We watered the lawn where the grass seed is again today.  Lots of area to water.  Wanted to soak it good before we leave.  Did more laundry and another load of dishes.  All set for leaving tomorrow.  Just have last minute stuff to pack.  

Reading my Bible now and will be ready for bed.    

No comments: