Sunday, September 10, 2023

Monday, 9/11/23, Happy Anniversary Vikki and Terry, Remembering 9-11, Went to visit Jacob,

Eating lunch at Olive Garden
Walking to Jacob’s dorm.  Bill had us turn around for a picture 
Papa and Jacob 
Jacob unlocking his door for us to see his dorm 
His side of the room was pretty clean
Vikki took this picture of Kit Kat when she left
Jared, Kimmy and Eli relaxing...Bill an I were relaxing in the recliner loveseat
Eli relaxing in the two camping chairs put together
 
Picture Rody gave us is hanging on the wall.  He took it our 50th Party and surprised us.  Thanks so much Rody!  What a great idea and a great surprise.  We love you!
Jacob's snack area.  He isn't going to go hungry


Bill went to meet Charlie for coffee.  I got ready and when he got home at 9:30 we were ready to leave.  We had a nice drive and it didn’t rain like they said it was going to all day.  It was even sunny in Lansing when we got there. I called Jacob and he came out to go to lunch with us.  I got out of the truck and gave him a big hug, then let him sit up front with Papa.  We were going to go to Pot Belly Sandwiches because Jacob said they were really good but there were no parking places. We decided to drive to Olive Garden 3 1/2 miles away.   We got in and we’re served quickly. Jacob and I got lasagna and Bill had spaghetti.  We had Jacob get the dinner size portion so he could take some back to his dorm.  He didn’t want soup, but we got some and I’m taking it to Kimmy.  It took me 4 cards for Bill to pay.  I thought one was a $50 but it wasn’t.  They covered all but a dollar of our bill.  I didn’t put one of many new gift cards from our party in.  
We laughed and Jacob offered to take the last partial gift card I found up to the waitress for me.  We left and went and saw Jacob’s dorm.  He’s got it set up somewhere nice and showed us everything.  Then we left because Bill was worried about our truck getting towed away.  
We had a nice ride home with a few sprinkles now and then, but not much.  When we got home, I called Kimmy to let her know I had Jacob's soup (he didn't want it, so I had him still order it so we could pack it up for Kimmy since it was included with his meal).  I was going to try to meet her somewhere in Midland when she was out, but she said they could come here and help us eat more leftovers before Eli's soccer practice.  I was happy about that.  
I emptied Bruce's pint jars we had flowers in for the party, so I could wash them and get them back to him.  I also made mashed potatoes because I didn't know if we had enough of the left over ones.  They called and asked if I could make up a plate for Jared, and warm up two pieces of ham for Eli.  Then they could eat quick before they went to practice.  I had them ready when they got here.  They ate fast and went out the door, and came back in a few minutes later.  Practice was cancelled because it was raining pretty hard.  Gee, they could have eaten slow.  We were glad they could stay.  The rest of us ate, then we all really relaxed in the living room.  We were all tired.  Kimmy goofed around with Jared and kept talking to him telling him he had to visit.  He didn't get much rest until Kimmy rested for a few minutes.  The Ring door announcement went off, and Vikki and Rody came in.  Rody made up two wonderful pictures of Bill and I from our 50th party.  What a great surprise.  I hung them right away, one in the living room and one in the family room.  I FaceTimed Melissa and showed her the pictures and she loved them too.  Thank you so much Rody.  What a special thing for you to do for us.  They are so wonderful!  We love you!





No comments: