Sunday, September 24, 2023

Sun., 9/24/23, Breakfast at the Hen House, stopped in West Branch on way. home, met guy named Bill and got to pray with him, Max, Bruce, Melissa came over,


We all went to breakfast at the Hen House Restaurant in the morning.  We had to wait outside for about 15 minutes for a table big enough for 8.  Bill, Jean, Kathy, Jeff, Mel, Betty, Bill and I went out by the road to wave when we saw Phil and Julie going by with their 5th wheel.  They rolled down their windows and were yelling back to us and waving.  We got a table shortly after that.  Our breakfasts were yummy. 

We all packed up after we got back to the campground.  It didn't take long to be ready to go.
Bill drove the motorcycle up and got it latched in right away.  I helped put the tie downs on.
Mel and Betty came over to say goodbye.  We finished the last minute stuff, then went to everyone's campsite and told them goodbye.  Then we went and dumped our tanks and left for home.  We stopped at a Walmart in West Branch to find UTZ brand chips.  All they had was pretzels, so we got those.  Kathy told us she get them at a Walmart in Florida and they are so good, especially the barbecue chips.  On our way in, were walking and saw a guy getting off his motorcycle.  We said hi and started talking.  He told us how his dad just died and how he had 10 days with him before he passed to talk with him.  He also started telling us about his grandma who was a Christian.  He had lots of good memories of her.  We asked him if he believed in Jesus and he said yes.  He said he hadn't been going to church though. We told him about CMA and how there was a chapter in West Branch.  He was excited to get the information so he can go.  He wanted nice people to ride with.  I asked him if he wanted us to pray with him and he said yes.  We prayed about all the things we had talked about and for God to lead him and guide his steps.  It was definitely a God moment and we were so thankful for God doing that.  He was going in for snacks and so were we.  When we came out he was by his bike again and we said goodbye.  Then we left and headed the rest of the way home.  I went back and made ground bologna sandwiches and got some chips to go with it.  Also got a few Milky Way miniature sized bars for our dessert.  So nice to be able to fix lunch while traveling.  I did wait for Bill to get off the expressway and on a country road.  We got home and unloaded the camper right away.  It went so fast and isn't so tiring with only two steps instead of 5.  Bill carried the heavy baskets of freezer and refrigerator stuff.  I did laundry right away.  Melissa called and Bruce and Max were heading over to shoot with Bill.  She was driving separate because she was going to stop at Tim Horton's and get a coffee and wanted to know if I wanted one.  I had already drank coffee so didn't have her get me one.  It sure was sweet of her though.  She and I played 3-13 in the camper while the guys got everything ready to shoot and practiced using the skeet shooter.  They called us to come watch after we were done with the Kings.  It was fun watching them shoot and hit some of them.  That seems like it would be very hard to me.  
We all picked up the pieces we found in the yard afterward.  It was lots of fun.  Max is so happy getting to do this and so good at it.  I love his big smile while doing it.  He held Kit Kat on the deck after they were done cleaning the guns.  Melissa and I finished our last hand of 3-13.  I won, but she sure caught up and almost tied me.  We had so much fun.  I talked to Vikki a couple of times.  I texted with Jacob and I'm praying he feels better quickly.  I sure do love my family.  

 

No comments: