Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Wed., 9/6/23, Happy 12th Birthday Peyton and Isaac, We love you! Stopped at Melissa's, Kenzie, Vikki and I worked on Treat boxes, went to Vikki and Rody's to celebrate birthdays

The rain sure was good for my plants
Kenzie and I working on treat boxes for party
Happy 12th Birthday Isaac and Peyton.  We sure do love you.  Keep being the amazing kids you are and keep showing the love of Jesus!
Kenzie made Isaac and Peytons cake and did an amazing job on them!  They were so happy!  They tasted delicious too.
Rody photo bombing!!!
 
Fun time watching the kids open their gifts
Bill and Kenzie
 
 
 
Me with Peyton's burrito blanket...It was so soft!  
 
 
 
 
 
 
I stopped at a couple of stores to look for shredded brown/gold paper, but didn't find any.  I stopped over to Melissa's to drop off Bruce's birthday card and some socks Evan left at our house.  I went to some more stores and picked up stuff for the party.  The Party store was the only place I found shredded paper.  It was small bags for $4.99.  Pretty expensive, but  I knew Vikki wanted it for the centerpieces, so I got it.  Kenzie called and wanted to know if I was home.  I told her I just had to go to Sam's Club and order the cake and pick up some candy for the party, and I would be home in a half hour.  She came over and I got her about 10 minutes later.  We ate, then we worked on filling the candy boxes and then threading the ribbon through the holes and tying  them in bows.  Kenzie was really good at tying the bows and I was good at putting them in the holes, so that's the jobs we worked on.  Vikki got here after work.  She and Kenzie didn't like the one color of shredded paper, so Vikki said she would return it for me and try finding some at the Dollar store.  I had looked at one and didn't see any. Vikki worked on tying the first tie, and Kenzie tied the bows, while I threaded the ribbons through.  Melissa called and wanted to help with the treat boxes, but with her having to pick Evan up, and Kenzie and I having to leave, it didn't work out time wise.  I told her if we didn't get them done, I would drop some off for her to work on.  It went super fast though with the 3 of us working on them.  Kenzie and I went to pick up some baby things she found on FaceBook marketplace that was about 15 minutes away.  Vikki worked on threading and tying while we were gone.  We got all 100 done!  I was very thankful for them helping as I had planned on doing it myself.  Vikki did find shredded paper, and just the color we needed at the Dollar Store.  That sure saved some money. Thanks Vikki.  Vikki got the centerpieces done.  I had 5 Mason Jars and Bruce had 5.  The centerpieces are beautiful.  Melissa also gave us beautiful plates for cookies and cupcake stands to use for the party.  She also is letting us use the card box Hailey had at her graduation party which is sparkly gold, so it's perfect.  We are all going on Friday to set up tables and decorate, then will go on Sat. morning and set last minute stuff out.  

Bill and I went to Bay City to pick up a cover for his truck back he found for a great price.  Then we headed to Vikki and Rody's to celebrate the kids birthdays.  Rody made hot dogs on the grill and also yummy BLTs.  Thank you Rody!  We talked to Kimmy and she is making 125 cupcakes tomorrow and chocolate chip cookies.  I ordered 50th Anniversary decorations to stick in the cupcakes from Amazon.  They are supposed to arrive Friday.  We are hoping they are on schedule.  We had birthday cake after that and Peyton and Isaac opened their presents.  They got lots of nice things.  I forgot Vikki picked up 3 Hawks sweatshirts that were like new at the thrift store, so I put money in Peyton's card.  Vikki reminded me of the sweatshirts when I got there, so I told Peyton I had to take some money out of her card.  Forgetful me!  Vikki forgot the ice cream, and Rody forgot to pick up Birthday cards.  It was a forgetful kind of 12th birthday.  We laughed because we all made each other feel better.  We sure had fun.  It was a birthday we won't forget!  I had paid Vikki $35 today for some money I had borrowed at BayShore to buy something from Kenzie, plus the sweatshirts.  I was thinking the sweatshirts were that much, so had taken 20 extra dollars out of the card.  Peyton started thinking about that and Vikki let me know the actual price of the sweatshirts.  Poor Peyton, I had left out $20.  I am glad we are so close, we can tell each other when we make a boo boo.  I am giving her the rest of her money tomorrow.  I guess with all we had going on at the State Rally, then having to get going on the stuff for the party, my concentration was off a bit.  I love my family!


 

No comments: