Monday, September 18, 2023

Monday, 9/18/23, Bill took motorhome in, Charlie followed to give him a ride home, Kimmy and Melissa came over, went to Old Towne for coney dogs, watered grass seed, weeded flower garden,

Fall is in the air
Did more weeding in this area
Kit Kat thought she would keep me company while I weeded
This is what the whole flower garden looked like when I started.  
This is what it looked like when I was done.  
Tomorrow I will edge around it.  I was too tired after today's work.  Got 13,000 steps in today though.  Next year I am planting small zinnias.  Kimmy showed me how nice they look today.  


I started watering the grass seeded parts of the lawn right away in the morning.  I mailed all of the thank you notes.  Charlie came and followed Bill when he took the motorhome in to have the furnace checked.  I made oatmeal with raisins and walnuts and had my morning coffee.  I tried to call Kimmy, but didn't get an answer,  I sent her a message and she called me later.  I was missing her and wanted to go see her.  She was coming to Freeland to order a corsage and boutonniere so she came to see me instead and I went with her.  When she got her, I had picked up subs from Subway, so we ate.  She put a new screen protector on my watch for me.  Thank you Kimmy.  We took the truck so she could ride in it and went to Austin's in Freeland.  She ordered a very pretty corsage and boutonniere.  When we got back, we visited and then thought it would be nice if Melissa could come over too.  We called her and she came.  The girls watched Aunt Vikki's baptism, then we visited.  They loved seeing it.  Aunt Vikki is so loved!  It was really nice having the girls here.  I wish Vikki could have been here too, but she was working.  Bill said they said they have to order a new circuit board for the furnace.  Sure am glad it's covered.  He had an appt. at the VA to get his new shoes.  He always get such nice ones.

Bill worked hard hauling all the yard waste containers out to the road.  There is quite a line up with the grass, the corn, and the weeds I've been pulling.  Mine was the last container he took out.  He told me the garden really looked nice weeded.  We decided to go to Old Town Drive In for coney dogs.  They are our favorite!  We got fries and a root beer too.  

We came home and I watered more and watched my friend Vikki's church service from yesterday.  We had to go to church, so couldn't watch the whole thing in the morning.  It was a great message on worship and who God is and how worthy He is to be praised.  Bill mowed the grass except where the grass seed is.  



 

No comments: