Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Tues., 9/19/23, Went to Midland to pick up motorhome, shopped there at Jacks, Aldi and Meijer. Bill had to take motorhome back in, He picked up corn stalks, I unloaded groceries and put them away., made dinner

Salmon and baked potatoes sliced almost through and with butter cooking for dinner
Bill working hard loading all the corn stalks.  He had at least 10 garbage cans full of them already and is packing the ones emptied today

Bill's ready to pray before eating our salmon, potatoes and cream style corn

Watered the grass seed some more.  Bill got a call that the motor home furnace was fixed and ready.  We went to pick it up.  I dropped him off and called Kimmy to see if she was home.  I wanted to go look at her new pond if she was there.  I didn't get an answer, so just went and did my shopping in Midland at Aldi, Meijer, and Jacks.  Stopped at Tim Horton's for a bagel and iced coffee too.  Bill called me to tell me the furnace didn't come on when he got home and tried it.  He called them and told them, so took it back in.  I told him I was at Aldi if he needed to leave it there and needed me to pick him up.  He waited for it.  I was just about to get on the expressway when he called and said it was fixed and he was heading home.  I stopped at Costco and filled my tank on the way home.  It was half full, but I'm going to go to Kenzie's tomorrow and take her cat to the vet with her, so wanted a full tank.  Want to keep it full in case Kimmy needs to borrow it while we are gone this weekend.  She has a very busy weekend planned with Adam's homecoming and the Tim Hawkins concert which is not easy with one vehicle.  Now if she will just use it.  

I started unloading groceries and sorting which were for camping and which were for here.  Bill loaded more corn stalks in bags.  I sliced potatoes almost all the way through, put butter on them and wrapped them in foil and put them on the grill with the salmon.  They cooked much faster that way and were delicious.  I mixed a bunch of birdseed together in the bin which makes it easy to scoop out a scoop each day for the flat feeder.

We covered the motorhome front window so it will stay cool inside.  I will be starting the refrigerator tomorrow and loading it.  Don't want it running unnecessarily.   Picked up stuff to make chili for the chili cookout too.  

Talked to Vikki and FacedTimed with her a couple of times.  Peyton is crocheting a dishcloth for her and is doing a great job.  

We relaxed and watched Duck Dynasty.  There is a movie called the Blind coming out about Phil Robertsons life and how Jesus changed it.  Kimmy thought we should watch the show before we go to see the movie when it comes out, so we will know more about him.


 

No comments: