Wednesday, April 11, 2018

4/11/18...Went to Ollie and learned about the tragedy of the sinking of the SS Eastland. Interesting, but so sad that over 800 people died.

The athletes at Bethlehem working out and doing stretches.  Hailey is second from the right

Jack

Jack
Max was feeling  better today.

I got ready to go walking at the SportsZone and Bill called to see if I wanted to go to Ollie.  I changed and got ready to go with him.  There was a really good speaker who talked about the SS Eastland that sank in the Chicago River in 1915.  So sad that so many people died.  Quite interesting to hear how that ship kept being sold and how after it sank, they sold it to the navy.  They took the top two floors off of it and redid the whole ship.  President Truman took a water tour on it.  
Bill and I went shopping for Storage containers.  He wanted to find one that had two drawers.  He found a three drawer one but when we got home it wouldn't fit.  He figured out they could be separated, so he took one off and it fit perfectly.  I picked Jack and Evan up from school . Took them home and helped Evan with some school work, then took him and Jack home with me so I could take them with me to church for Delta Club.  They helped papa pick up wood from the trees he had cut down.  They worked hard and were happy when papa gave them some money.  Good boys and hard workers. I only had hot dogs to fix so I made them and had chips and string beans with them.  The boys each ate two and said it was the best meal ever!  They are so cute!  I didn't even have buns to go with the hotdogs.  Taught my class and the kids were excited to get to plant tomato seeds and morning glory seeds in a little container they made from a toilet paper roll.  They can just plant the whole thing in the ground once it is ready to put outside.  They had lots of fun.

No comments: