Sunday, April 15, 2018

4/14/18...A Stay at Home Kind of Day! Sleet, icy roads. high winds. Winter Storm Warning for two days! Hibernated all day! Made Homemade Soup, Didn't get to go to Girls of Grace Dance Recital

Made a big pot of Homemade Vegetable Soup

Outside the back door this morning

Driveway  covered in ice

Ice Everywhere


Got up and it was just raining out.  A half hour later it was sleeting out.  Stayed home all day. Melissa and Max were feeling a little better which I was happy to hear.  Made a big pot of homemade veggie soup which tasted good on a day like today.  Went out to get the mail and I made sure I walked on the grass as much as I could since sidewalks, driveway and road were all ice.  Walked very carefully.  Melissa and I didn't go to the Girls of Grace Recital Debbie had gotten me tickets to because it was too icy out and I did't want to drive on bad roads.
At about 7, our power went out.  I had told Bill a couple of days ago he should make sure the generator was ready since they were forecasting a storm.  He procrastinated and when the power went out, went outside in the awful sleet and wind to get the generator ready.  Well the battery was dead so he had to drive on the yucky roads to get a new one.  Came home and was trying to get it going and the electricity came back on.  He got it started right afterwards and came in. The power went off a couple of times after we went to bed, but came right back on.  In the morning, it was off for about 5 minutes but then came back on and stayed on.  

No comments: