Saturday, April 28, 2018

4/28/18..it was 36 degrees out when we left for our first motorcycle ride to the Shepherd Maple Syrup Festival! Stayed nice and warm with all my layers. Just a little too windy. Thankful God kept the sun shining!

Dan, Gayla and Renee before we took off

We had eight bikes on our ride today.  It was cloudy when we got to Meijer's

Before we took off, blue skies and sunshine...Group picture
Mike, Don, Elaine, Renee, Dan, Wes, Bill, Jerry and Gayla

Mike and Dan

Jerry and Bill

Joel



Dan and Renee

Bill and I

Renee was the 100th ticket so she won some Maple Syrup.  Elaine was very happy for her

Bill, Joel, Wes, Dan, and the rest of our group waiting in the long line for our pancake breakfast.  The line moved fast.  There was a sweet lady and her hubby.  She would sit in a chair and then she would stand and someone would move the chair and she would walk with help to go sit in it.  Bill helped keep her chair moving and Elaine and I would help her husband walk her.  She would grab our hand.  Such a sweet lady.  She loves the Maple Syrup Festival!  He told us this would probably be her last.  Made my heart sad, but happy we were by them to help out.  

My hyacinths are beautiful and smell so good.   They were my moms and she always loved them.  Brings back great memories.

We got ready for our first motorcycle ride of the year.  We wore lots of layers.  I wore my leather jacket I found at the garage sale for $15.  It kept me nice and warm on this cold day.  We went to Meijer's to meet up with everyone.  We were happy to have 11 of us going on such a cold day.  God brought the sunshine out and that helped to warm things up.  We had a nice ride to Shepherd, although it was a little windy, but didn't get cold so I was happy about that.  We had two girls ride their own bikes.  I was praying for them to stay warm and be able to drive good in the wind.  They did great.  We got to the school for the breakfast and there was a huge line like always, but it moved fast.  We had fun visiting along the way.  We got to all sit together which was nice.  The food was amazing.  I love their sausage there!  They kept bringing more if we wanted some.  Great service and attitudes.  We were blessed. We walked through the gyms and looked at all the crafts afterward.  I bought a couple of things for the camper.  It was warmer on the ride home.  Bill and I both took a nap on the way home.  I talked to all three girls on the phone.  Still praying for Melissa's strength to return.  I'm concerned, but am just casting my cares on Jesus, for He cares for me and my family!
Bill and I watched a movie called, Beach House, on the Hallmark Channel.

No comments: