Monday, June 1, 2020

Day 75, Sat., 5/3020, Cool day, High 65 but windy. Went on a nice motorcycle ride

While we were gone Jared, Kimmy, Jacob, Adam, Eli and Vikki hauled the sand we had delivered to      the spot where the pool is going.  They all worked so hard and blessed us so much!  Thank you all so much!  I was so happy Kimmy took these wonderful pictures and sent them to me.
Eli, Jacob, Adam and Jared
Jared rolling the sand 
Jared, Adam on the tractor, Jacob and Eli
Adam giving Eli a ride 
Jacob
Our Motorcycle ride with CMA leadership around Cadillac
Lake Mitchell

Stopped at Caberfae Mt. Everyone social distanced on the ride
The coffee pot Kimmy, Jared and the boys got me for the camper at Christmas sure works great.  Delicious and hot coffee and our mugs fit under it
Bill and I social distancing at the potluck at our own table.  
I made chicken hobo dinners for us to take to eat at the potluck so we would have our own food
I read my Bible.  Bill read the Bible on his phone as he forgot to bring his.  It’s the first time since we’ve been camping that he for got it.  We had oatmeal and coffee, and then went to find out the plans for the day.  We went to a camper place and got a new vent cover for Bill to put on.
Came back and put layers on so we could be warm on our motorcycle ride.  It was a beautiful ride up and down hills through the woods, then we went around Lake Mitchell in Cadillac.  We used to love camping there with my mom and dad when the kids were young.  We celebrated my mom and dad’s 40th anniversary there too, so lots of memories came flooding back.  We cut off to take the vent cover back, and get one Bill liked better.  We still beat the rest of the group back.  They had a potluck at 5.  Bill and I made hobo dinners and took them for us to eat, so we would have our own food and wouldn’t need to eat any of the potluck food.  I made potatoes with onions and butter in foil and Bill coked them on the grill for a dish to pass.  Everyone loved them and they disappeared.  We sat at a far table under the pavilion by ourselves to social distance.  Another couple did the same thing and sat by themselves on the far side of the pavilion.  The rest all sat together up at the other end by the food.  Our hobo dinners were delicious.  It was funny, because Vikki posted on face book that she made hobo dinners too.  I guess we think alike.  Tonight it is supposed to get down to 34 degrees here.  We have our fireplace going and the furnace running.  Glad I brought my electric blanket.  We did get to stand in a huge circle before we ate and bless the owners of the campground’s motorcycle and pray for them. They have been saved for 6 years and had a great testimony.  We all sat around a big fire pit with a huge seating area.  Pretty easy to social distance while we were there.  It got kind of cold so Bill and I left and came home to warm up and play cards. 


No comments: