Monday, June 1, 2020

Day 74, Fri., 5/29/2020...Went on camping trip with CMA State Leadership to Blue Spruce Campground near Cadillac.

I'm pulling the camper behind Bill and we got in a traffic jam because of all the closed roads by Sanford.  When we got past this, it was smooth sailing

Pictures I took of the damage.  I wish I would have taken a picture of the fire ring around the tire, but I was too shocked to see it.   Luckily, it's in a spot easy to fix.


Dad relaxing and enjoying the fireplace.  It sure warms the camper up nicely.

This was the score sheet from our game of 3-13.  Dad accidentally made my score a - at the end lol.

Woke up and it was raining.  Watched Pastor do the morning devotion online.  Read our Bibles and packed the last minute stuff.  I noticed the rug in the bathroom of the camper was wet.  I looked up and the vent cover had a crack in it.  I called Bill in case he could stop and get one.  He had gone to Sam’s to fill the Truck up with gas and then the motorcycle for $1.83 per gallon.  I closed up the camper and had it ready to go by the time he got home.  We watched the weather and decided to wait until it stopped raining to leave.  I didn’t want to drive the camper in the rain.  We left at round 1:30 p.m.  Headed up US 10 and got to Sanford and the expressway was closed because they were working on the bridge over what used to be Sanford Lake.  Bill went right at the Round About and we pulled into McDonalds.  He was trying to figure which way to go.  He thought maybe we could drive through Sanford, but that road was closed too.  We kept going until we got to Wackerly Rd.  Many road closed signs on the side roads and we came to one in front of us.  We turned left and then went around some sharp curves.  We didn’t go to far and got in traffic that was at a standstill.  They were all waiting to turn at a main road.  We finally got to the corner and then it was smooth sailing.  We got by Coleman and were able to get on the expressway again.  I did good at driving the 5th wheel and Bill did good at leading me.  We arrived at the campground and Bill parked the Trike and I let him take over parking the camper.  I only go forward.  He had a hard angle to park so decided to go around and come from a different angle.  He ended up cutting through a spot.  I was taking to him on his phone and I heard an awful noise.  I told him he was hitting something.  I couldn’t see because he was quite a ways down the road from me.  Well, he ran over a fire pit ring and the ring went around the camper wheel.  Unbelievable!  
A couple of guys went over and had him back up slowly and were able to pull the ring off.  Bill felt bad and I probable felt worse.  Yikes.  Luckily most of the damage is on one little piece that is replaceable.  He finally got us parked and we set up.  Then when I went in the bathroom, I noticed the vent cover was completely missing.  It must of flew off when I was driving.  It looked like it broke on the edges.  Bill got up and covered it with plastic.  We are going to a camper place tomorrow in Cadillac to get a new one.  We have full hook up which is great as we don’t want to use the bathrooms here.   I had froze some sloppy joe meat last time I made it so I warmed it up for our dinner and had corn on the cob and chips with it.  I was happy to have something quick to fix after all that.  Played 3-13.  Bill had -85 and I had 37. (or you might say -37 lol)

No comments: