Thursday, June 11, 2020

Day 86, 6/10/2020…Severe weather watch today! Hot and humid already in the morning


We were putting things away...the sky was starting to look pretty wild
These pictures are at Charlie and Sue's. These were in the front yard and 7 trees were down in their back yard


Knock out roses are starting to bloom and are beautiful this year

Yurro Plant Kimmy gave me is starting to get ready to blossom 

I was going to dig this up because I thought it was dead.  Today I looked and new shoots are coming up...glad I didn't pull it out
We had a couple of big branches break off but that was all, other than lots of broken branches all over the yard
When I came out to check how my ferns and flowers did, I saw all the weeds I have been working at digging out flattened.  My ferns were still standing and so was my milkweed and other flowers

Made three more face masks
Kody working very hard
We read our Bibles.  Had oatmeal for breakfast.  Bill hooked the air conditioner upstairs up.  I hoed around my tomato plants.  Picked some Peonies because we are supposed to get storms, and they usually fall over after heavy rains.  It was so hot and humid this morning and was in the 70’s when we got up.  The storm came with forceful winds and heavy rain.  We lost a branch and lots of sticks are in the yard.  I walked to check the woods by the garage side of the house.  All the weeds were completely flattened.  My two ferns were both standing nicely, My sensitive ferns were doing great and my Milkweed was a little bent but pretty upright.  It was amazing to see.  All my other plants were doing great out there too.  Both ends of the garden are under water, but look like they will make it again.  We have to level the ends out.  For some reason the tiller put big dips at the ends when Bill tilled it.  Corn is kind of blown sideways, but last time that happened it straighten up so praying it does this year too.  Made some more face masks.  Put new elastic on the Marine face masks Bill got at the VA.  The other elastic was too tight on him.  Took a ride to look at downed trees in our area. Charlie had 2 trees and a big branch down at his house, plus 7 trees in the backyard.  Stacy had some trees down and lots of branches.  We pulled in their driveway.  Kody was in the middle of the turn around working busily. We told him hi, and told him what a good job he was doing.  Stacie and DJ were working way out back, and didn’t see us, so we told Kody to tell them we said hi.  She called us when we were about 15 minutes away from their house.  Vikki sent us pictures of the city close to her house. It was really bad with lots of trees falling on houses where she was.  She had to keep turning around because power lines were over the roads, and trees were blocking roads.  Everything at her house was fine though.  All the family and their places were fine.  I prayed for protection and then I sure thanked God for keeping them all safe.  Went to church to listen to Pastor preach Sunday’s message. There were only 50 chairs set up and only about 20 of us there.  All had to wear face masks and social distance in the church. Pastor said he’s not a doctor, so is taking the advice of the CDC and following their guidelines.  Doesn’t want to have to close the church after it reopens. Tonight was a test!  Rody was there helping with the sound and the new live-streaming.  

No comments: