Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Day 79, Wed., 6/3/2020...Went grocery shopping, Made Strawberry Jam

Hailey, Evan, Jack and Max eating ice cream bars
Hailey, Bruce and Melissa
Isaac swinging on their tree swing with the new seat they made
Beautiful Iris that opened today
Strawberries were .99 cents a lb. today at Aldi
Made Strawberry Freezer Jam...so happy to have jam again
Our church set up for reopening 
Watched Pastor's Devotion on Psalm 90.  He sure is doing an amazing job teaching.  You can tell he is listening to the Holy Spirit.  We ate oatmeal afterward and then read our Bibles.  I went and got groceries at Jack's and Aldi.  I called Kimmy to let her know about strawberry prices at Aldi.  I texted Melissa to let her know.  I did some hoeing in the garden and around my raspberries.  Bill worked on some pens.  We went to Home Depot so Bill could get something to try on the deck.  It didn't fit what he was going to put it on so will need to return it.  He also got grass seed and a thing to hook our hoses up so we can turn them on at the post instead of up by the house.  That works great.  He has been filling in tracks he made with the tractor and planting grass seed.  It's coming in so nice and looks so good.  I dug out some weeds in our woods on the side of the house.  I see some poison ivy Bill is going to have to spray.  Not too much, but don't want it spreading.  I noticed my two plants and a chair on the front porch were blown over on their sides.  We didn't get much rain, but must have had lots of wind last night after we went to bed.  I worked some on the deck, peeling the deck over off.  I told Vikki about the deal at Aldi and she went and got some and got some jars.  She picked up some Sure Jell and got me some too.  I dropped off some ice cream sandwiches at Melissa's.  Bruce sanitized the box and opened them.  The kids came outside and had one while we social distanced.  Melissa and I decided to go for a walk.  Hailey came along too.  It was such a nice walk through their neighborhood.  Melissa is walking so good now.  I am so thankful to God.  I went to Vikki's afterward and picked up the Sure Jell.  Vikki made 8 jars and a part of another one.  Bill watered his grass seed he put down and then hooked up the sprinkler to the hose so I could water the garden.  I was so happy when I looked out and saw he had done that for me.  I was trying to get my freezer jam made so it was so appreciated.  I got 6 pints of jam made and am so happy.  Last year I didn't make any and I sure missed it.  We watched the news.  Bill went to the kitchen and asked me if I wanted an orange.  He peeled it for me and brought it to me in a bowl with a napkin.  It tastes so much better than when I peel them.

No comments: